Jeff Falzone
Jeff Falzone asked Tana French:

Is there a novel (of somebody else's) that that has your favorite opening sentences?

Tana French It's hard to beat Pat McCabe's The Butcher Boy: 'When I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago I lived in a small town where they were all after me on account of what I done on Mrs Nugent.' Right there, you know a big handful of important things about the narrator, you're swept into the rhythms of the prose, you know this book isn't going to be rainbows and lollipops, and you're hooked.

I have to go. I have a nasty feeling I managed to delete a few answered questions along the way, but I'm hoping they're just not showing up in my dashboard any more... There are literally hundreds of interesting questions left, and I'll try to come back tomorrow and answer some more, but I might not be able to. Either way, a huge thank-you to all of you who took the time to send in questions - I'm sorry I couldn't answer every one - and to all of you who took the time to read the book. Cheers.