Goodreads asked Hugo Negron:

Hugo Negron When I'm writing my fantasy series, I usually immerse myself in that world and anything related to it - listening to certain pieces of music, reading books on mythology/medieval topics, and having certain physical objects around me as I write, like an actual metal gauntlet and a set of knight pens stuffed in a medieval knight's helmet pen holder that help to inspire me and keep me "in the mood".

When my writing hits the proverbial wall and I'm bashing my head on my keyboard, I do the opposite - I pull myself completely out - otherwise I feel like I'm forcing myself to write and it no longer feels like a labor of love, but a major hassle! I take a few days off, focus on other hobbies like biking, hiking, working out, and watching movies. When I go back to picking up where I left off, I feel excited, refreshed, and eager to start up again.