Is this book appropriate for my 12 year old son, or do you think it is too dark? Would you let your son read it? We are pretty conservative. I realize this is a very broad question so just give me your best answer if you would please. I'd SURE appreciate it!!! Thanks!!!

To answer questions about Sherlock Holmes, please sign up.
Evy Freedman I am a 10 year old and we read it I my class the are a 1 or 2 deaths and a cut off thumb but I enjoyed it!
Jonathan Coulombe I actually read it for the first time when I was 12. It was for a school project where we had to pick a book, then do a report on it and it's author. I remember enjoying it a lot and could grasp everything. There is no gore or anything like it. The stories are well written and feel more like a puzzle solved by a great mind than actual crime scenes.
Kristel Marley The stories are all pretty conservative except one on opium. I remember them as intriguing more than dark. But saying all of this it has been quite a while since I read them all.
Image for Sherlock Holmes