Goodreads asked Dixie Dawn Miller Goode:

Dixie Dawn Miller Goode I always knew I was meant to write, I started telling myself stories before I even knew what words were. I wrote poems and outlined stories on every scrap of paper that came my way and yet, I cheated myself by letting life get in the way. I only wrote when I had a deadline, an assignment to fill, or when I was writing long Holiday letters to copy and send out en-masse.

Then I began telling my stories to my kids, until there was a young handicapped boy named Duffy Barkley, already living and breathing in the air with me. And then I heard about two extremely helpful on-line sites, one being NaNoWriMo, and they changed my life from, "Someday" to "Do it Now!" Flylady.com, was mainly a site where I was encouraged to give up perfection and just bless my home with 15 minutes at a time. What can you do in 15 minutes a day? Create a warm, welcoming home out of Chaos, and write a novel in your spare time. Learn to Finally Love Yourself (FLY) as you do it. And in bursts of inspiration and the willingness to just jump in where I was, my first dream of a book became a real thing that can be found on-line and in stores and held and hated or loved and has begun a life without me.