Aishwarya
Aishwarya asked Kresley Cole:

My question is: when you started out writing book one, did you envision that it'd get so huge or complex? Or was it always envisioned as a sprawling series with intricate plotlines and so many amazing characters?

Kresley Cole Hi Aishwarya! I'm so happy you're enjoying the characters!

When I first started writing the IAD series, I didn't necessarily expect it to continue on for this many books, but I tried to prepare for it just in case. I worked to layer in the seeds of future conflicts and to get the world building (the Lore) as complete as I could. After doing tons of research, I made spreadsheets of the different factions, with their weakness and strengths, their lairs, their agendas, even their preferred weapons and dress. I established the Accession, because otherwise, I thought the earth would be overrun with immortals! Once the world building was cemented, I was able to run with the plotlines and let the characters have free rein!
Thank you for your question!
Kresley Cole