Hugo Emanuel
Hugo Emanuel asked:

Basically I want to know if by buyng "The Joker: Death of the Family" I will have the complete storyline and thus have a standalone and complete version of it?

To answer questions about The Joker: Death of the Family, please sign up.
Mark Yes and no. Yes, this is a standalone version and the continuity works well. You will get to see the overall story arc in this compilation. On the other hand, it's not "complete". It includes issues #13 and #17 from Batman. Admittedly these are probably the most important for the story arc. But if you want to read Batman issues #14-16 (which do include part of the Death of the Family storyline), you'll have to get Batman Volume 3: Death of the Family. Do you HAVE to read the Batman volume? No, this one is sufficient. However, I'd say the "complete" story is in the Batman volume, and this Joker volume -- while it does stand alone -- provides all of the crossover stories.
Edd Read the Batman: Death of the Family, then if needed supplement it with the Joker edition.
Wynona Villa yes you will :)
Image for The Joker
by Scott Snyder (Goodreads Author)