Tracey Mamerow
Tracey Mamerow asked Colleen Helme:

Do you have any actors or faces in mind when you write Shelby, Chris, Ramos (of course!), Uncle Joey, etc.?

Colleen Helme Hi Traci!

No...I didn't have any faces in mind when I first wrote Carrots, but people have asked me what actors I would pick to play their parts. Seriously, their isn't an actor around who looks as hot and tough as Ramos does in my mind...although there was this guy on CASTLE who was Beckett's boyfriend (I think season 3 or 4) who was totally to-die-for - and he wore black leather and rode a motorcycle!!! WOWZa. Now that guy was definitely a candidate. I also saw someone at the grocery store that I could have pictured as Ramos...he sent my heart racing for sure...but I haven't seen the guy since. (not that I've been looking or anything LOL) There was this show on TV called "Pepper Dennis" a few years ago... based on that show, the actor who played the main character could easily be Shelby! But to answer your question...I don't see any faces that belong to anyone I know when I write...but I do imagine what they look like in my head. Thanks for the question!

Best,
Colleen