Rebecca
Rebecca asked:

Is this a sad book?

To answer questions about A Dog's Purpose, please sign up.
Cathy It has some sad parts, but overall, it's a 'feel good' book. It's worth the read
Clementine I thought it was tragic. I couldn't get through it. I was listening to the Audio Book and crying at work...
W. Cameron Hi Rebecca: I would go with "moving" over sad. I guess for me, a sad book is one that leaves me wishing things had gone a different way. Like, "why did Romeo and Juliet have to die?" I think A Dog's Purpose doesn't leave anyone with that feeling.
Gloria Not so much "sad," as deeply, deeply moving. I cried and cried at least in three parts.
Bigguy Well, I'm over thirty and I cried when I finished it.
Lily Bowman Yes but soooooooo good!
Becky Skipper hickman I got this book as a gift and didn't read it for a year, because I don't want to read any books or watch any movies where animals die or are treated badly. I just finished it, and I don't regret it. I read it in two days.
P.Shull It is a 'sad' book but its deffinetly a emotional feel to it. Its so moving and I deffinetly reccomend you to read this book <3
Alexandra I thinking that "moving" (as other reviewers have noted) is most appropriate. If you understand the premise you already know some of what to expect. Those transitions were incredibly emotional, but each continuation is beautiful and it is hard not to feel happy when you are hearing everything from the dog's point of view!
Joanne Bagan Parts of it were sad, but it has a happy ending! Too many animal stories don't have that.
Elizabeth I cried my heart out ,I couldn't stop! It was a great book ,but not if you can,t bear the loss of your animals .
Gage Johannsen It's a beautifully sad book.
Sara this is the saddest freaking book, I'm only on chapter 7.. I'm only continuing reading so I can see if any happy parts come up
Image for A Dog's Purpose
by W. Bruce Cameron (Goodreads Author)