Colin
Colin asked Christopher Rice:

Chris, I have been a great fan of your novels since my junior year of high school, when I read about the newly-published A Density of Souls. The Snow Garden could be an incredible suspense film! Have you ever been approached for film options for that or any other of your novels?

Christopher Rice Many aspiring film makers have contacted me and I'm very touched by that. But I encourage them to pursue their own writing projects and not became tangled up in complicated literary rights issues. The challenge of some of my most popular books is that they contain sexual content many consider "indie fare" tangled up with big-budget, high concept elements like cataclysmic weather and car chases and what not. A film maker willing to do a film or T.V. adaptation that includes both elements has not yet crossed my path. But I hold out hope. I think T.V. is the right home for my work, to be frank.