Goodreads asked Simon (Plague Jack) Watts:

Simon (Plague Jack) Watts I'm working on two projects right now.

PROJECT ONE is the third book in the Amernia Fallen Series, CITY OF LIGHTS. The idea for CoL came while writing SoaS. I realized I had a lot of great characters, and I wanted to do a book where I could act out every character interaction I could imagine. With The Wild War the challenge was making each character have their own "family." The three families were as follows.

1. The Prison Family: Oliver, Jadiir, Shrike

2. The Royal Family: Salus, Minerva, Joseline, Eldred

3. The God-Touched: Ulysses, Calcifer, Pierah, and Monica

In City of Lights, these families are going to be in close proximity to each other, creating a frantic and exciting cornucopia of character interactions. If you were disappointed by the Wild War's emotional climaxes, I imagine City of Lights will satisfy. The challenge with City of Lights is that it's going to be the biggest Amernia Fallen Novel, and I can't rush it. CoL will end with a massive set-piece, and wrap up, and start, several plots. If it gets too big I might split it into two books. We'll see.

PROJECT TWO is a comic series called DISCORD. The idea for Discord came to me while working at a library. Again, I would love to spill the beans about Discord right now, but I can't. The reason I can't is funding. Comics are collaborative efforts, and Michal and I intend to make money off Discord. It was submitted to IMAGE COMICS on January Third. They don't send rejections so we will know in a month. We might have to KICKSTART, but right now who knows? Now for some hints.

1. Discord takes place after the Amernia Fallen, and shares the same multiverse. You don't need to read either series if you don't want to. Characters from the Amernia Fallen series will play a major role, however to avoid spoiling the novels, (who lives and dies.) they will not appear in the series until the novels are finished. Only one character is confirmed to survive the novels, and it's SPOILER TAGS AREN'T WORKING. STOP READING NOW Pierah. She is a main character of DISCORD and is featured on the issue one cover I've been spreading around.

2. Discord will be a drama/comedy/sci-fi/fantasy mashup. Lighter than Amernia Fallen, but it's still written by me. There's only so light I can actually go. You can take Plague Jack out of the grimdark but you can't take the grimdark out of the Plague Jack.

3. Spirited Away is my favorite film, and Discord is pretty much Spirited Away as envisioned by me.

Stay safe and be good,

Plague Jack.