Gayle Forman
Gayle Forman asked E. Lockhart:

The firing of Jill Abramson at the New York Times has me thinking about female power and how it's used and what happens when it's used in a male-dominated world. Which of course has me thinking about my favorite feminist heroine, Frankie Landau Banks. What do you think Frankie would make of Abramson's firing? The putative reasons behind it and the way it was conducted?

E. Lockhart Hi Gayle! I am so excited for the If I Stay movie. To answer your question: Frankie doesn't get mad, she gets even. I think she would find some way to get power over the suits at the New York Times. She would not rest until she had done so. But would it be wise to spend so much energy getting even? I am not sure. I think Frankie's impulse for revenge and recognition is a very complicated trait. Discuss amongst yourselves if so inclined.
E. Lockhart