Courtney
Courtney asked:

Im somewhere within the first 50 pages of the book and it has been kind of hard to get through. Does it pick up?

To answer questions about Eragon, please sign up.
A'len No, it doesn't pick up. If anything it just gets more excruciating to read. Of course, if you really want to know how it ends then I have a good alternative to slogging through the book itself; watch Star Wars, Episode IV.
Amariah Dixon I read it when I was 12 and LOVED it. The story gets more exciting as you go on. I read it every chance I got.
I mean, it's your choice--and you might not like the story as much! all according to preference. but believe me, it's definitely worth a shot. :)
That Awkward Girl Yes, it does. At about page 100 there starts being lots of adventure and action.
Hanna Marie It picks up, it is a great book, and you will NOT regret reading it!!
Book Elf It picks up, trust me it does
Thomas YES!!! Don't listen to those people who say the series is terrible--they probably say everything is. Just read it!
Lisa I read it in 2nd grade and it is AMAZING!!!! I'm re-reading the series and it still holds all the magic in it that it did for me when I first read it. It is one of my favorite books, and I have read it more times than any other book. To all you haters, don't say anything to people who haven't finished it.
Sapphira Yes, it does pick up. Eventually. It's, to me, a very suspenseful book. Don't call me retarded or anything but yeah.... :)
Lia Well, you could skip the first few parts when it's Roran telling the story.
I think the rest is worth reading.
Rae Yes it does!! I struggled with the first 100 pages too but keep going!
Maiya Yes, it does, you just have to stick with it and then you won't be able to stop! (;
Heidi Redmond It definitely does. I experienced the same thing during the first 50 pages, but I thought it became really interesting and easy to read once he left the town:)
Donovan yes, it does pick up, but you have to read the entire thing
Natalie Hudson Yes it does- but don't trust the lovers or the haters. That's your decision to make-- I won't judge you.
Brooke Yes, it does! At first, I complained because I was forced to read it, but after awhile it got really exciting and attention-grabbing! I read any chance I got after the adventure really started!
Caleb Yes it does pick up but more in later books
Jonah YESSSS. I love this book.
Jennifer June Murphy Yes!!! It get amazing, but the second is even better!
Justin Vonsik Actually it picks up a lot in the second half. It started off rather slow, but then became increasingly harder to put down afterward.
Bobbie-Jo MacMillan Yes it picks up!! It is an awesome book.
Eragon10316 Yes it does if you like to read it really will.
Cath Carter Yes, I found it to be one of the easiest reads and it held my interest all the way through. Once the quest part of the story starts it zips along nicely. Loved it!
Ayla Scammell I can't see the problems you're having to get into the book in the beggining. If you read from the start you should be able to read until you find where the egg goes at least. I'm 11 and I'm reading the 4th book already. Out of curiosity I started reading on the 15/3/2014 and have kept reading since. I have read Eragon 5 times because I did not get the last nook until Christmas and will keep reading till it no longer interests me-
Saoirse It does, but only because it tells you secrets and makes you wonder things
Danielle Bryanton it is an exciting read but it really only picks up in the middle sadly, i hope you stuck with it and enjoyed it as much as i did.
Ivy Wilburn It does, but the book is more about their personal struggles, physically and emotionally, than how much stuff they burnt down or how may people they fought. But it does have some good action scenes in it, especially in later books. The fourth one DEFINITELY leaves you with a lot of questions though. But I heard a whisper on the wind say there may be a fifth book, so I'm hoping for that. This is my favorite series of all.
Avaminn F'nett Only a little. Eragon isn't a fast-paced, non-stop action book. There is more action as it goes on, but that's not the majority of the book. If non-stop action is what you like to read, you will probably not like this book much. I found it very good, though.
Image for Eragon
by Christopher Paolini (Goodreads Author)