A Goodreads user asked Kristin Hannah:

I’m a newborn reader of your novels and really admiring the characters of Firefly Lane at the moment! Well, my questions are: Have you ever wanted to change something in the book that was already published? What were your favorite books when you were a child? What is the most complicated and the most pleasant in writing a novel? How does your literary liking change in time? What did induce you to begin writing?

Kristin Hannah Hi Natasha and welcome to the world of my books! Glad you enjoyed Firefly.
Hmmm...have I ever wanted to change something in what I had written? No, not really. I wouldn't mind re-writing a few of the early books...
Fav childhood books--Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the OZ books, and Lord of the Rings.
The most complicated part of writing a novel is nailing the characters and perfecting the plot and making the two impossible to separate.
I started writing to be an at home mom. Thanks!
Kristin Hannah