Mary Eileen
Mary Eileen asked:

What age/grade is this recommended for, please?

To answer questions about The Warden and the Wolf King, please sign up.
Caryn We have read this series out loud as a family over the last couple of years with our son, who just turned 7. We all loved it. Our son did not fully understand the depth of emotional and spiritual meaning throughout, but still enjoyed the adventure and the relationships between the characters. If you are considering the Wingfeather Saga for younger readers, you might want to at least skim through it first to decide if it is appropriate for the child you have in mind. There is a fair amount of peril & violence described, which may not be appropriate for all young children.
As far as reading the story on their own, my guess is that the books would be appropriate for ages 10+.
Andrew Peterson I agree with Caryn. Thanks!
Dave I'm 44, and it was perfect. So, 44.

My kiddos were 7 and 10 when we went through them and I'm getting misty eyed just typing it. (*Acheingly* beautiful series of books. Right there with Narnia, in my mind.) And I suspect my 7 year old would've latched on at 6, too. But Peterson doesn't pull punches -there's real evil in there. So chalk me up for 7 as a floor, and there might be an age when teens would think themselves too cool for it, but I suspect one or two chapters out loud would cure that immaturity.

I'm envious of your getting to go through it for the first time with kids. : ) Enjoy it.
Lisa I agree with Caryn, my son is 11 and probably would not have been able to grasp some of it either at a younger age. It is quite emotional in some parts of the books and my son was very moved by it (teary eyes). So was his Mama!
Image for The Warden and the Wolf King
by Andrew Peterson (Goodreads Author)