Ramesha
Ramesha asked Jennifer A. Nielsen:

Hello, First of all, I would like to say that you are my favorite author and I can't wait for The Traitor's Game! And now my question, I am writing the first draft to a book I am writing and I was wondering what the word count for a chapter is (estimate/average) in your books? Thank you so much!(By the way I got into reading and writing novels because of the False Prince.)

Jennifer A. Nielsen Thanks so much, Ramesha, and I'm so thrilled that something I wrote inspired you to begin writing too!

My chapters are generally between 1200-2400 words. But rather than think about word count, look at each chapter as a scene with its own story arc. So each chapter should have a goal that the character is trying to reach and a conflict. Just make the chapter the length it should be, based on the needs of the scene.

Good luck with your writing! Keep going until you type, "The End!"