Goodreads asked James Cardona:

What are you currently working on?

James Cardona I am currently in the last throws of Gabriella and the Curse of the Black Spot. The second book in the NuGen series. I've tried to bring the story full circle and answer all of the many readers' questions that arose in the first book. Depending upon reader interest, I may or may not write a third installment to that series.

I also am working on the plot outline for the The Dark Castle, Book 2 in the Apprentice series.That is one I am very excited about as it is going to greatly broaden the world that the series exists in and shape the master-apprentice relationship.

I have very rough sketches that I work on here and there for three more books. More to follow on those at a latter date.