A Goodreads user asked Sherrilyn Kenyon:

Will there ever be more than one Chronicles of Nick book released a year? C.O.N. is one of my all time favorite series and waiting a whole year in between books is sooooooooooo hard! Thanks for writing such an awesome series!(:

Sherrilyn Kenyon I'm not sure is the true answer. I write as much as I can, but I've learned to not argue with the muse and I never know what she's going to do year to year. Case in point, we have two League books next year, but that was a total accident. I wrote Born of Fury and intended to have Born of Vengeance (Bastien) behind it. Then while writing BOF (which is a MASSIVE sized book--bigger than Born of Silence), Fain refused to go to the background and so I had to write his book before I could even begin Son of No One. Halfway through the draft of Born of Betrayal (Fain), I had to stop and write Talyn (Born of Defiance). Some of the reason for that is what happens to Talyn, Felicia and Galene is before BOB starts and it integral to BOB. I needed to have their history written (Galene is the bodyguard for Nykyrian's mother and it explains a lot of what happens in BON, BOFury and BOB) and clear before I could finish BOB. I know this is confusing as I'm trying to avoid any spoiled, but it won't be in the books. So long story long, because I'm Southern, I don't know when the muse will gift me with multi books in a year on one series. It just happens that way sometimes. Hugs!
Sherrilyn Kenyon