Norman Crane
Norman Crane asked Chloe Testa:

Has teaching affected what you write—does the ability to boil things down to their essences and explain those essences in simpler language help write clearer fiction?

Chloe Testa Wow that's a tough question! I'd say it's definitely something that has only helped improve my writing. From understanding the intimate to the base details and what each can mean to analysing language and, most importantly, not over complicating it and losing the story itself, teaching has really boosted my awareness of all of these elements helping to definitely clarify my writing. It's not something I always focus on consciously, but as it's just so much a part of me by now it's a continually subconscious practice, I'd say.