Lance Canter
Lance Canter asked:

What will Matthew do when Diana dies and his life continues forever? This was the only snag I found in the book. Otherwise I loved the entire series!

To answer questions about The Book of Life, please sign up.
Christina Lange Your question is a bit old, but I just finished the books and I agree with you. Looking at what short separation is doing to them it doesn't make sense for me that he will just live on. I have tried to read through Deborah Harkness many Q&As, but I can't find an answer. I like to think his wish of growing old with her comes true. At the same time, the books make it clear that no one lives forever. One day they will reunite.
Meowzilla Y
Ian As maudlin as Mathew is he most likely will keep her memory alive. Rebecca, as the daughter of a Weaver/Blood Raged Vampire, will likely live to four hundred years and will keep the old man company for many years to come.
Image for The Book of Life
by Deborah Harkness (Goodreads Author)