Gabriela Cuellar
Gabriela Cuellar asked C.J. Redwine:

I just read Defiance like a month ago and now it`s one of the best books I`ve ever read! What inspired you to right the Defiance Trilogy?

C.J. Redwine For years, I'd had the idea of a Leviathon-like dragon creature who lived below the ground, but I didn't have a story to go with it. Then one day I saw a picture of a fortress, and it reminded me of a city-state. The idea of living in city-states again collided with the idea of the underground dragon, and Defiance was born. I didn't know I was writing a trilogy until I was over halfway finished with the first book and realized that I had a LOT of plot still to cover. I also didn't realize that I was telling a story of what it looked like to be broken inside and to find redemption until I was halfway finished with writing the first book as well.

I'm so glad you loved Defiance. I hope you love the other books just as much. xoxo