Shaina
Shaina asked Susan Ee:

Do you have any writing rituals that you always do before or after writing? :)

Susan Ee I used to think that famous writers had writing rituals because artistic genius required weirdness. :) But now, I realize that it's actually a very practical thing to have a ritual.

If I can get completely into my story world, I’m "in the zone,” exactly where I need to be for storytelling. But getting there can be difficult because writers are bombarded with real-world intrusions all day long that constantly try to pull us out of the zone.

I get that a ritual can help the transition into the story world and keep us there until we’re ready to come out. But I can’t seem to stick with one. I’ve tried a bunch of habits on for size, but nothing has stuck. So I’m still working on it!

Thanks for your question, Shaina!
Susan Ee