Kim
Kim asked Jojo Moyes:

Hi! So I've often wondered....what does a day in the life of a writer look like? Do you write for a few hours each day for a pocket of time when inspiration strikes? Or do you become totally engulfed for weeks or months until the story is complete? P.S. You are my new fav author and I tell all my book reading friends about you. Thanks for such great stories!

Jojo Moyes Thank you! I think it depends on whether you're a writer with family responsibilities... in my dream life I would get up in a leisurely way, have a few cups of coffee, write a thousand words in my immaculate office and go home again in time for tea. In reality, with three children and animals, I'm either setting hte alarm for 6am to try and squeeze in valuable writing time before everyone gets up, or trying to fit it in between all the other things that seem to intrude on my day.