Linda Roush
Linda Roush asked Kristin Hannah:

I really enjoyed Home Front. How do you handle all the emotions in a book like that? Can you sit there writing then turn off those emotions to do something personal?

Kristin Hannah Hi Linda--that's a great question. Strangely, when I'm writing the original drafts of a book, the emotionalism is kept very "arms length." Probably because if I really felt what I was writing about, I'd end up looking like Kathleen Turner in Romancing the Stone. :) I am very much the puppetmaster in the original writing. I start to feel it--to let myself feel it--in the revision stage. Thanks. Oh, and walking away is surprisingly easy for me. If I make my page count, I give myself permission to go have fun. But I do think about it all a LOT. :)
Kristin Hannah