What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: YA: boy named Nathaniel [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I swear this is the last one! I don't remember much about this book except that the cover possibly depicted a city skyline or lots of buildings (possibly at night), and all of the kids in the story had rather strange names. The main character was called Nathaniel but got called Nat. Again, it was published before 2004 as I read it at the age of 11 or 12. It may have been slightly sci-fi or fantasyish. I'm guessing it was American, but may have been British or Australian for all I know! I think it was set at a school, and maybe a fence surrounding the school was involved in the story...?

This is a long-shot so I'd be super grateful if anyone comes up with anything!

message 2: by April Ann (last edited Jan 27, 2009 02:51PM) (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Would it be The Gathering by Isobelle Carmody? Published in 1994.

"When fifteen-year-old Nathanial moves to a sinister town that has been bruised by an ancient evil, he finds himself one of those chosen to fight the cycle of darkness."
The Gathering by Isobelle Carmody

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Yes, that's it! Wow, thanks so much. I don't remember anything about the book, but I looked it up on Amazon and I immediately recognised the cover.

Thank you!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Great. Thanks April and Rachel. I'll change the topic title and folder for you Rachel.

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Thanks Lisa :)