What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Boundries and Alien [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 4 comments I have two books which I read 5 years ago and want to read them again but cannot for the life of me figure out the titles.
The first was a novel about 100+ pages long about a boy who was really quiet and did not like to be touched at all. This one girl tries her hardest to help him and finds out that he was almost drowned by someone close to him.

The second novel was a bit longer and involved a boy who stumbled upon a secret society and was cast into a dimension where he has to find and jump through boundaries until he finds the one home. He ends up making friends and encounters the flying dutchman.

If anyone can help me in locating these it would be most appreciated.

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie (maid_marian) | 101 comments Ooh! I know the second one - it's The Homeward Bounders, by Diana Wynne Jones!
And the first COULD possibly be The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle...

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 4 comments YES that was the second one!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Ok, we'll leave this thread active hoping that someone will find the first one. Thanks.

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 4 comments I checked the two mentioned by Josie and they were correct ^^ thanks so much to Josie, Lisa and all those who pointed me to this group.