Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Just Random > Book Challenges??

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Donna (DFiggz) Is anyone doing a book challenge? I am!!!

I am doing 65 from November 2008 to November 2009. 5 of the books has to be classics.

So far I've read:
Nov.
1. Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
2. The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch
3. New Moon - Stephanie Meyer
4. A Great and Terrible Beauty - Libby Bray
5. Good Omens - Terry Prachett & Neil Gaiman
6. The Glass castle - Jeannette Walls
Dec.
7. Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer
8. City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau
9. Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris
10. Black Flies - Shannon Burke
Jan.
11. Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathan Lethem
12.The Messenger - Lois Lowry
13. A Child called "It" - Dave Pelzer
14. Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris.
15. Breaking Dawn - Stpehanie Meyer

Anyone else wanna share??

message 2: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 6484 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "Is anyone doing a book challenge? I am!!!..."

Hi Donna, there was a glitch somewhere probably and you posted the same topic 4 times, so I hope you don't mind that I deleted 3 and moved this topic to this folder :)

Did you make up the rules for this challenge yourself? 65 books in a year - that's a pretty good goal :)

I myself am participating in about 5 challenges throughout the year and an additional odd one here and there. I've set it all out in my blog - http://tiensblurbs.spaces.live.com/ if you're interested in checking out other challenges.

message 3: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Donna wrote: "Is anyone doing a book challenge? I am!!!

I am doing 65 from November 2008 to November 2009. 5 of the books has to be classics.

So far I've read:
Nov.
1. Twilight - Stephanie Meyer
2. The..."

Hi, Donna,
you might want to check out these challenges:
Series Madness Challenge
A-Z Book Challenge
+ there's more (Yz comes up with new ones each month);
you could also join that group: RRR Challenges
;D

message 4: by Tien (new)

Hey thanks, Kasia.
I really like challenges in RRR Challenges :)

message 5: by Luann (new)

Luann (AZbookgal) | 998 comments I'm doing an author A-Z and title A-Z challenge and posting my progress in the A-M folder of the Book Challenges group:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

message 7: by Tien (new)

Natasha wrote: "Yeah, I like the Book Challenge Group. I'm doing A-Z Title, A - Z Author, 7 Classics, Variety is the Spice of Life, and the Five Senses. Plus I'm doing a 200 and 500 book challenge."

Do you mean that you're planning to read 500 books in a year? WOW... I mean WOW!

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) I am also attempting to do the A-Z Title challenge but I am just doing it as I go along.

I did make that challenge up myself I thought "why not?" but now I am a little worried because I just realized that it's like a book and a half a week! I dunno if I can do that but I will try my best!

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie (AngieBowen) I'm not sure I could ever do 500 in a year, that's like a book and a half a day! 200 seems doable if your a heavy reader, I'd love to reach 200 this year.

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) Geez!!! Good luck!!!

message 11: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (last edited Jan 23, 2009 12:02PM) (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) I think my mother makes it easily through 200-300 books a year, but 500 might be pushing it even for her! (She is easily the fastest reader I've ever seen.)

You might like the seasonal challenges over at The Next Best Book Club here on LJ - their current challenge is The Winter Challenge.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna (DFiggz) The winter challege is a challege indeed. I try to just make it to see how many I really can read in a year. I have never done one and have never counted so I figured this is a good way to start lpus it pushes me to read a lot more!