College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin So I was on sidereel.com and saw they had a topic that I adored under NCIS. Here's what they said:

With so many crime shows on TV these days, why does NCIS stand out?

Is it those Gibbs looks you just can't resist? The fascinating cases? Or maybe (just maayybe) the personal character stories like a little something called "TIVA"?

Comment with why you love NCIS and how it stands out from all those crime shows around!

Discussion sponsored by ION Television, now airing off-network favorites like ER, NCIS, and Boston Legal. If you're not a SideReel member, join now to enter ION's sponsored giveaway to win 2 round-trip tickets anywhere within the U.S.

So who wants to love some NCIS with me?

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Here's what I posted on there:

I began watching NCIS because my parents put it on and I had been just a bit too lazy to get up. I had started hating most of the drama shows on because I'd seen them too much. I watched NCIS and it just hit me. It was so real. I've been watching the whole show from the first episode and the very first one Abby was rather 'emo-spastic,' but since then she's grown into a real goth. I pretty much am one I guess, so at first I saw the perfect little stereo type. Now, it seems they've done their research (or Abby's actress stepped in...) and I can see myself or some of my old high school friends in her. Plus, I like what Abby does for all us 'goths' out there. The stereotype against us is horrid.

Gibbs reminds me a lot of my father and the relationship between him and Abby just amuses me to no end. All the other characters are very true in nature as well. Tony is so perfectly 'I want to be man' and kinda is... McGee is sweet and I could have sworn I knew him too. Ducki is just plain amazing. He's so odd and out there. His name fits him perfectly!

All the cases are interesting and I actually want to know what happen. Creepy bodies, people getting the crap scared out of them, Gibbs fighting to get around red tape (and not always managing), evidence that you don't necessarily see coming, but makes sense, and best of all! Abby tazering some rat bastard for kid knapping her then trying to look up her skirt!

So basically I love it cause of everything up there and more!

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I love Abby ... shes different from your typical character descriptions...know what I mean? I also think its hilarious that Dinozzo gets smacked up side the head all the time. :D

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Yea... He deserves it. It's cause she isn't the stereo typical Goth/Emo thing, but the true Goth. Loving all things dark with common sense.

message 5: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I love the relationship that all the characters have with each other. It totally cracks me up every time they smack each other upside the head. I love Abby and Gibbs together, its adorable. She can get away with a lot more than the others can. I just watched the first episode of this season, I loved how much they all missed each other. "Even Tony" lol

message 6: by Erin (new)

Erin It's always 'even Tony.' He's loved, even if they don't like to say so. I've been watching the series from the beginning so I'm putting off watching the new ones.

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments One of the things that is so great about this series as it is just as good as the first season. A lot of shows kinda get boring after a few seasons. This one is always good. :)Did you buy the series on dvd, Erin? I really want to do that.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin I agree the series has held steady. Nope, I'm a www.sidereel.com junkie. I blame my awful ways on my father...

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Wow, I'd never heard of sidereel.com. I am so gonna use it.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin It's really awesome. You should sign up. I love it cause I have a schedule on there that I can see which of my shows are currently airing. Plus, it keeps track of where you are in the series. Its really nice for starting from the beginning like I am in NCIS.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Who saw the season finale?!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Not yet, sadly... I'm working up to it!

message 13: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 40 comments I loved the season finale but I don't want to wait until next season to see what happens! I can't wait to see the spin-off either.

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin Spin off?!

message 15: by Ralph Gallagher (new)

Ralph Gallagher | 40 comments Yeah, the two-part episode where they went to LA was a test episode. There's a new series that'll be on right after NCIS that follows the Special Operations team.

message 16: by Erin (new)

Erin Awesome!

message 17: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Did anyone watch it last night? The california one was good, but I missed most of the original, so it was hard to figure out what was going on.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I still have mixed feelings about the Los Angeles one. I like it but a couple of the characters just irk me for some reason...like they're trying to replicate the characteristics of the orginal NCIS.

message 19: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I don't see that. Which characters are you thinking are the same?

message 20: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I'm not sure about the Los Angeles one either. I don't feel that the characters have as much of a connection as the ones in the original NCIS. Granted I've only see two episodes of NCIS LA.

message 21: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I have seen them all I think (thank you tvr). Ok, maybe I like it because Sam's car is gorgeous! :) Definitely not the whole reason, but I am sure it is part of it. I am just glad they didn't try to mimic Abby. That would have been a disaster.

message 22: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I think Callen has some Gibbs like qualities, like he doesn't like to reveal too much about himself. Also I noticed how at least once an episode (for the past two weeks anyway) he is drinking coffee/tea/something in a coffee mug...and Gibbs always has his to-go cup of coffee.

Kensi reminds me of Ziva a little bit.

The computer tech guy, I think is name is Eric, kind of reminds me of Garcia from Criminal Minds.

I love Hetty and her little comments (like about not getting blood on the clothes), and the banter between Callen and Sam.

I do like the show, and I'll continue to watch (like you Tami, thanks to DVR!). But I did stop watching the original NCIS for a season after they killed Kate off, it took Ziva awhile to grow on me. So I think eventually all the characters on Los Angeles will grow on me too.

I think Abby is going to be on Tuesday's NCIS LA?

message 23: by Isabella (last edited Nov 15, 2009 03:20AM) (new)

Isabella | 1 comments I am definitely not a college student. As a matter of fact I'm only in the eighth grade, but I love NCIS!

All or a majority of the procedural shows have, in my opinion, the same or too similar plot. Or it's just boring enough that I'm asleep within the first ten minutes. On NCIS everybody is like one big family. Gibbs acting as father and the team as his kids

Well the things that stand out:
It's funny
entertaining
intriguing
suspenseful
and quite frankly, it's addictive. To me anyway.

NCIS: LA is good, but I won't freak out if I miss an episode as opposed to the original NCIS.

I ESPECIALLY LOVE TONY TO DEATH! HE IS MY ABSOLUTE AND WILL REMAIN FOREVER TO BE MY FAVORITE! I don't think I can make that look like I yelled even louder, can I?

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments How did a 13 year old get into this group?

Anyway, I got the first season of NCIS for Christmas! I'd only seen a couple of the episodes from the first season, so I was really excited to have a chance to see them. I'm almost through the season, and I picked up the second season a couple days ago. I love watching the shows without commercials. lol. I'm really starting to love Kate too. Which is sad because SPOILERS!!! she dies in the second season. I love the interaction between her and Tony.

message 25: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I was watching it the other night, and thought....I wonder what my work would do if I showed up dressed like Abby. :)

message 26: by Erin (new)

Erin Tami I think the same thing, except its also what would my kids think seeing how I'm going into Ag Ed. FFA students across the state would be speaking about the weird teacher who dressed as a goth...

message 27: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
That is as odd as an accountant. :) It would be fun though.

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin Oh yes it would be wonderfully fun. I would be really tempted to do it to a competition. If someone ticks me off on dress code I just might...

message 29: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
New tonight! Tony's dad is supposed to be on it. That should be fun!

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I'm excited to watch it!

message 31: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I had to record it. I was at clients until really late last night. :(

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Ok, so did anyone watch it tonight? Loved what I saw of it, half of the episode got cut! Did anyone get to see the whole episode? If so, could you tell me what happened between **SPOILERS** when they found the cop dead in the bathroom and when they called Ducky because the witness was having an allergic reaction?

message 33: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments NCIS LA has been growing on me the past few weeks...I think its because I have a slight crush on Deeks.

message 34: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Who in the LA one could you NOT have a crush on? They are all adorable. :)

message 35: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments That is very true Tami! But Deeks is definitely my favorite! :)

message 36: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Can I pick Sam's car for my favorite? :) I just love the characters, the location, and the car of course. And I absolutely love Hetty.

The original NCIS has great characters too. They just aren't the eye candy the LA ones are.

message 37: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Anyone else catch the Lisbeth Salander reference in NCIS tonight?

message 38: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I haven't watch the episode yet but I will definitely listen for it.

message 39: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Kimberly, I did. Did you watch last nights? What do you think about the new team?

message 40: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments New team??? Ah! I missed it last night because of rehearsal. I'll have to watch it tomorrow if I have time. Thank goodness for DVR. :)

message 41: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
The blonde has been there for awhile, but you meet her team in this episode. You can tell how much I like her seeing as I don't remember her name. :)

message 42: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Our stupid DVR didn't record Tuesdays episode. It recorded the LA one but I missed Gibbs. :(

message 43: by Jen (last edited May 23, 2011 10:38AM) (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments Tami, you can watch the episode online if you still haven't seen it yet: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis/vid...

Also, it wasn't in the season finale but (view spoiler)

message 44: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I haven't seen it yet so thanks for the link.

message 45: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments Anyone else still watch NCIS or NCIS LA?

message 46: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I do. I wasn't too impressed with the episode of what may have been if they had made different choices. It was supposed to be the one to record and watch again and again. I didn't really like it the first time, so I didn't keep it to watch again.

Last weeks LA was pretty intense. Wonder what will happen tomorrow?

message 47: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I don't watch LA, but I catch the original every chance I get.

Tami- I kinda felt the same way about that episode. It was interesting but none of the characters felt real. It was supposed to be a 'what if', but they still felt... out of character I guess.

message 48: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I got hooked on the LA one, because Sam has a beautiful car. :) Not really the main reason, but that is one of the reasons. I am such a dork!

message 49: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Mitzi, it is just because Sam drives a beautiful car! :) Well, that is one reason I was the LA one.

I am very angry at my dvr. It missed the regular NCIS this week! Grrrrrr!

message 50: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
I like the regular one best, but not by much.

« previous 1