The Producers discussion

Writing help > Plot Ideas

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

Amy (Runawaymarbles) | 474 comments Mod
Kind of a continuation of an earlier topic. Post ideas you are thinking about but need to flesh out, plots you don't want but think other people might, etc.,

message 2: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 101 comments hmmm i dnt have any

message 3: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

okay.

message 4: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 228 comments Mod
I have one . . .

Okay, so there is this guy who basically just knows. When he sees, he can see who we are inside, and he knows everything that we do/think.

message 5: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

SCARY!!

message 6: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

STORY IDEAS ALERT: Dreige (pronounced Drayje) is a lab guinypig (sp?), along with some other teenagers. They are constantly monitored by a group of ppl (yeah . . . ideas?) and are getting tested constantly. The tests are vigourous and horrible, but what can they do about it? Thats about it . . . Idk i just got it from the xbox game Portal: Still Alive . . .

And the other: The Sencors' began right at the brink of the earths creation. Their faces are featureless, no eyes, mouth or nose. They sense everything through their hands. They took over the humans around the industrial evolution. And thats basically it . . . >< so lame

message 7: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

it's guinea pig.

That sounds a little like Maximum Ride...

the second one sounds cool, though. And did you mean the 'industrial revolution'?

message 8: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

yeah i meant revolution lol

and its nothing like maximum ride really . . . its weird.

message 9: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

wow. Weird. What book isn't weird? Details, Jet-o. Details.

message 10: by Seth, (Jet) *Sigh* I wish I was ambidextrious (new)

You want details? On the second one?

message 11: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

Seth said: "and its nothing like maximum ride really . . . its weird."

and Max Ride isn't what kind of weird? how is your kind of weird different from other people's kind of weird?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I suppose it could be weird....

message 13: by Faye (last edited Mar 10, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Faye I keep thinking of the worst book I ever read, Marked, which is lame since a book that bad shoudn't be allowed to take up so much brain space. If you haven't read it, it's a YA book about a teen that goes to vampire finishing school. Read some of the reviews of the book for for examples of how annoying the main character is. The most persistent problem is that anything that a nauseatingly close-minded, goody two-shoes, mid-western, inexperienced girl would find "icky" is laid out in the book as though the reader ought to agree that "eww, that's gross."

But what I got out of it:

- If this could be published surely anything I write, or you, or a trained monkey, for that matter, has half a chance, and;

- What if there was a YA book, maybe in the so popular paranormal romance field that didn't try to push right-wing family values on the reader... maybe a book that even encouraged and romanticized "bad" behaviour? Okay maybe the publishers might not want to market it to teens, but enough adults seem to want to read YA, that there still might be a market. Which I guess begs the questions, how exactly is a "Young Adult" book defined? I'm guessing teens are the main characters. Sex isn't totally off the table, based on what I have read...

So any ideas for the negatively influencing YA series?

message 14: by Amy, And salute when you say that! (aka Storm) (new)

lol. Easy- abortion, gay marriage, and anything that will make Righties p*** their pants in horror.

message 15: by Squiggles{Kelly} (new)

Squiggles{Kelly} (squiggles) | 99 comments >.<