Relaxing Fun discussion

general > What Is Your Favorite Form of Introspection?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bailey Jane (new)

Bailey Jane (baileyjane1) Everyone share what their individual little rituals are to ensure a happy start, finish, or middle of their day.

message 2: by Bailey Jane (new)

Bailey Jane (baileyjane1) My favorite time to myself is having 45 minutes every single morning that I work at this one particular latte shop right on the ocean front here in St. Thomas. I read my book, I catch up with friends, or I simply stare into outer space. This helps me to feel regrouped and ready to tackle my day.

On days off I enjoy waking up early and cooking myself a nice breakfast or having a mimosa while I read my book. It makes the day seem much longer when it's started with champagne. :-)

message 3: by Book Lover (new)

Book Lover | 3 comments for me in 2009 it is getting up early, (depending on the work schedule I am on I might need to be up at 3am, this morning was 5am) feeding the livestock, running on the treadmill, eating breakfast and then reading a bit. Right now I am reading motivational books, along with a few lines of the bible. Nothing like it, it can be so surreal.

I can't say I have a middle ritual, expect that I eat lunch in order to survive until dinner...;-)

After dinner, it would definitely be a glass of wine or a beer to rid myself of the day's troubles. I like to sit in the upstairs loft, check my e-mail, surf the internet, talk to my family and then check out for the night around 9pm.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessicaafrank) | 257 comments Mod
For me, it is listening to music, which I don't often do. I have an ipod now, but so much work. I'm in a more crowded home now, so sometimes I turn it on. There are so many songs I have to get off of there :P

message 5: by Elena (new)

Elena | 31 comments I agree Jess! I have a 30-minutes walk to go to work and (in spite of the freezing cold here these days) it's my favourite me-time... I see the sun rising, listen to music with my iPod, smoke a cigarette (bad habit,I know) and think about things... I love it!

message 6: by Bailey Jane (new)

Bailey Jane (baileyjane1) Ooohhhh sunrise and music go hand in hand. Very peaceful.

message 7: by Sarahcorn (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 14 comments I don't know that I have any rituals myself...I wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, come home, do my homework and that's my day!

message 8: by Night~light (new)

Night~light hm when I'm sad or upset for something I go to some bookstore or to the library. I love books, they are something more for me, they are passion. They, when I read them, be around them and smell them, make me feel calm and really good. Imagine how I'm not in this world but in some better space...When I come out from the bookstore or the library I feel ready to solve my problems. I don't know if you really understand me but... this is my way.

message 9: by Ellie (new)

Ellie I have to say Im not very good at getting up in the morning, but I have an hour commute to work so I use that to read in which always wakes me up well! Not so much a ritual, but a good way to start the day... I dont really have an end of the day ritual, but I like to listen to music while Im going to sleep as I find that always helps!

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen | 5 comments Night~light wrote: "hm when I'm sad or upset for something I go to some bookstore or to the library. I love books, they are something more for me, they are passion. They, when I read them, be around them and smell th..."

Hey there,
I know how you feel. I do the exact same thing. I live within walking distance of a Chapters store in Toronto, Canada (like Barnes and Noble). They have a Starbucks there as well, so often I get a hot chocolate to add to my book visiting. It is a wonderful escape as well.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Elena wrote: "I agree Jess! I have a 30-minutes walk to go to work and (in spite of the freezing cold here these days) it's my favourite me-time... I see the sun rising, listen to music with my iPod, smoke a cig..."

I wish I could walk to work... but no sidewalks part of the way. I would probably do exactly the same thing you do, bad habit and all.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Ellie wrote: "I have to say Im not very good at getting up in the morning, but I have an hour commute to work so I use that to read in which always wakes me up well! Not so much a ritual, but a good way to start..."

I don't read in the morning because I get too involved in the book and then I end up rushing to get ready.

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Night~light wrote: "hm when I'm sad or upset for something I go to some bookstore or to the library. I love books, they are something more for me, they are passion. They, when I read them, be around them and smell th..."

I feel the same way about books. I love being around them. I avoid the bookstore but avoid it when I don't have the money because I admit I am addicted to books.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I walk my dog every morning before I get ready for school, in winter it's almost too cold, but when the warm air hits it's very relaxing and fun.

message 15: by Mike (new)

Mike There's always that period of time from 8 to 11 that removes the worry of work and task-performing and gives me the chance to laze around and maybe read, watch tv, hang around on the internet, or just sleep. Those are my forms of relaxing.