Path of Destruction (Star Wars: Darth Bane, #1) Path of Destruction discussion

Which character is your favorite? Your least favorite?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Titus2teen I like Darth Bane of course, and my least favorite is Kaan and Qordis.

Dalial Freitak I liked Darth Bane as well, he is made very charismatic. Made me rethink the dark side. From the other side I am not so sure, if I can point out very dislikable figure, perhaps Kaan.

Titus2teen Dalial wrote: "I liked Darth Bane as well, he is made very charismatic. Made me rethink the dark side. From the other side I am not so sure, if I can point out very dislikable figure, perhaps Kaan."

I love the feeling that you're rooting for the right guy/side, even though it's (technically) the wrong side.

I don't know why I dislike Khaan, I just do. maybe he's one of those there so you can hate him characters...

Jonathan Roberts Titus2teen wrote: "I love the feeling that you're rooting for the right guy/side, even though it's (technically) the wrong side.

That's what I enjoyed about the Bane novels. That theme is quite recurrent throughout Star Wars literature I think; I've been reading a bit of the relatively new 'Maul: Lockdown' and I've found myself rooting for Maul despite his obvious darkness and callousness.
I guess it's fun to indulge in a bit of evil every now and again!

Dalial Freitak Yeah, Bane novels are actually really good! My first Star Wars books, but I read/listened them more or less in one go. I have to admit, that Bane is my new favourite (anti)hero. I kind of like how the dark side is presented, not quite so black and white. The movies are very one-sided, even the Clone Wars series.

Have to try Maul as well!

Jonathan Roberts Dalial wrote: "The movies are very one-sided, even the Clone Wars series.

Have to try Maul as well!"

Maul remains a little one-dimensional I think, but I don't think that equates to him being an inferior character; he just doesn't seem to have the internal dialogues or conflicts that many of the other characters show. Understandable I guess, considering his upbringing.

If you're looking for Star Wars books that challenge the "light side and dark side" duality, I'd recommend 'Plagueis','Deceived', and 'Revan'. There are probably better examples, but I've probably not even read 1/3 of the released Star Wars novels

Titus2teen One of the better ones I've read was the book that went to the Force Unleashed game. It shows the struggle between light/dark pretty well(I may be a bit biased because I Galen Marek is pretty awesome). I played through the game pretending that it was the book storyline, then I was happy with it.

I'll try Revan and some of the maul books! Thanks for the recommendation!

Dalial Freitak Jonathan wrote: I'd recommend 'Plagueis','Deceived', and 'Revan'.

Accidentally these are the only two other books I have read from Star Wars Universe. I quite enjoyed "Revan", but "Plagueis: Deceived" for some reason really didn't make it for me at all. I guess, it was partially too 'romantic' (I know awkward word to use for such a book) for me. Might also be that I just like more the style of Drew Karpyshyn. I also think that the world created in "Revan" was more interesting, I really like the idea of getting to know the rest of the SW Universe in addition to classical planets known from the movies.

Thanks a lot for recommendations!

Mark Kaye George Lucas and Disney ar emy least favorite.

message 10: by Yutg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yutg Bane of course. The master of the dark side. I think she had a part in the end if so I dislike Zana, its a bias that of mine, dislike making little girls evil. I know Bane really make her do those things but its a part bias.

Damon I liked the bar keeper. I thought Banes old man was a bit of a bastard.

Titus2teen Damon wrote: "I liked the bar keeper. I thought Banes old man was a bit of a bastard."

Agreed.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Path of Destruction (other topics)