Gore and More discussion

Dark Fantasy or Sci-Fi > Charles De Lint

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) | 406 comments Mod
If you havent read Charles DeLint, you may want to give him a go.

He writes dark urban fantasy and has a nasty little series that starts with the book "Angel Of Darkness".

message 2: by William (new)

William (wmcc) Thanks for the recommendation and also the welcome Kevin.I haven't heard of him and although It's not a genre I'm too familiar with (dark urban fantasy)I'll give him a try.while on the subject of dark books i recently read a brilliant one

Dark Places which would probably come under Mystery/Thriller although i wouldn't want to put a label on it.If you haven't read it and you like weird and messed up stuff going on you might want to check it out.

message 3: by Kevin (last edited Jun 16, 2012 08:38PM) (new)

Thanks for the reco William.

Here's a link to "Angel Of Darkness"

Angel of Darkness

message 4: by Mo Hammer! (new)

Mo Hammer! | 3 comments I heart Charles deLint! He is so incredibly amazing. I would love to alternate between him and Neil Gaiman all day long, but alas, I have to work and such.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Mo Hammer! wrote: "I heart Charles deLint! He is so incredibly amazing. I would love to alternate between him and Neil Gaiman all day long, but alas, I have to work and such."

LOL, hmmmm.....leaves one wondering.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (goldikova) Lately I have read several of his short stories and I really like his literary style and storytelling gifts. I have to check and see if I have any of his novels in my To-Read list, if not I will make sure to add one.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Angel of Darkness sounds very good.

message 8: by D20 (new)

D20 | 173 comments I've heard his name a lot. Sounds worth a try!