The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > Want a Non Stop Page Turner!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin It's been a while, and I am in need of an obsessive-reading-leave-me-alone-can't-put-it-down page turner.......... I like mystery/suspense, memoir, biography, fiction, nonfiction..... not a huge reader of fantasy but other than that anything goes - help!

message 2: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 1260 comments I have a few recommendations, depending on your tastes. If you're looking for a well-written, completely engrossing while still smart mystery, I would suggest Bleed for Me by Michael Robotham. The mystery is intriguing and the characters will really capture your attention.

For a change of pace, you may also like The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan. It is a quick read about a young woman's survival after her ship sinks. Set in the early 1900's, this novel has a fast pace while presenting larger questions of human nature. We also happen to be discussing this novel as one of our monthly group reads, so you could join in the fun!

I hope these suggestions are helpful. Summer is a great time to dive into page-turners.

message 3: by Tonielle (new)

Tonielle (cleverlikeafox) Erin wrote: "It's been a while, and I am in need of an obsessive-reading-leave-me-alone-can't-put-it-down page turner.......... I like mystery/suspense, memoir, biography, fiction, nonfiction..... not a huge re..."

I suggest The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden or The Mesmerist by Barbara Ewing. The depth of plot and characters in each of these kept me up all night and I read each of these in a day. I've kept them to re-read in the future, each one is absolutely amazing.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I suggest Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson. I just finished it and could not put it down.

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 511 comments Okay,its' YA fantasy and maybe by this time you've read it, but The Hunger Games trilogy is definitely a page turner

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth | 137 comments Since you like mystery/suspense, I would definitely recommend Defending Jacob, a courtroom thriller that has a killer surprise ending. I'll also humbly suggest my own RM Outdoor Adventures series with a river ranger sleuth and whitewater rafting and fly fishing scenes. The Kindle version of the first in the series, Deadly Currents is currently on sale for $1.99 to promote the new release of the second, Wicked Eddies.

message 7: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) It's a very different book than what you would normally find, but I have to recommend The Family Fang by Kevin Wilson . I couldn't put it down! It's soooo good.

message 8: by Nuzaifa (new)

Nuzaifa (n-u-z-a-i-f-a) Deception Point by Dan Brown
Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett -It's romance but it also deals with teen issues so it's a great book.

message 10: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 511 comments If it's your kind of read,anything by Lincoln and Childs especially the Pendergast series are definite page turners

message 11: by Annette (new)

Annette Hart | 18 comments I'd suggest The Bed I Made (woman trying to start a new life/romance following an abusive relationship but the new guy has a wife who died mysteriously and she is being stalked...) and The Weight of Silence (two girls, friends but different backgrounds, go missing and the book follows the hunt, the emotions, the secrets uncovered from several view points.)

message 12: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 511 comments A biography that made a big hit was The Immortal Life of Henriettta Lacks - the unwitting stem cell donor for all cancer research .

message 13: by Sterling (new)

Sterling Gate Books (sterlinggatebooks) | 5 comments NEW RELEASE THRILLER: The Orphan Factory (The Orphan Trilogy, #2) has just been published.

A coming-of-age spy thriller novel, it is book two in The Orphan Trilogy and a prequel to The Ninth Orphan.

The Orphan Factory (The Orphan Trilogy, #2) by James Morcan

An epic, atmospheric story that begins with twenty three genetically superior orphans being groomed to become elite spies in Chicago’s Pedemont Orphanage and concludes with a political assassination deep in the Amazon jungle.

Go on another frenetic journey with the ninth-born orphan as he busts out of the clandestine orphanage he knew as home and goes on the run across America.

The Orphan Factory's Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M9WWKW/

message 14: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 2 comments if your into mysteries I would suggest All Hollows Eve by Carolyn McCray. Itd be a great read for the month of October!

message 15: by Ben (new)

Ben If you like mystery/suspense I suggest the bride collector by Ted Dekker, the spook's apprentice by Joseph Delaney, Michael Vey: the prisoner of cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans, and the priest's graveyard by Ted Dekker. :)

message 16: by Vonney (new)

Vonney Young (ysgillen67) | 75 comments I second "The Thirteenth Tale"

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi.I'm new here. Here is one that I just chanced upon at the library. Picked it up, and literally did not put it down, until I was finished. (Maybe that always makes it better, because you don't have any expectations.)

The Letter: My Journey Through Love, Loss, and Life by Marie Tillman

message 18: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 193 comments This is a good thread. I'm going to try Bleed for Me and Whispers and Lies.

If you're looking for a nonstop page turner, try Stephen King's 11/22/63.

message 19: by Deonna (new)

Deonna | 6 comments I really loved Killing Lincoln The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O'Reilly . It was a page turner for me!