Addicted to YA discussion

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)
This topic is about The Mark of Athena
Series > The Mark of Athena

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
So the Cover and blurb came out, along with the first chapter! I read it and It's super amazing!!!!

What do you guys think?!?!

message 2: by Annabelle (new) - added it

Annabelle | 6 comments I've read all the Rick Riordan books so far and especially loved the OJO 'verses so i'm looking forward to its release!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I absolutely loved the first chapter!!! However, it was definitely mean of Rick to stop the chapter right before the camps could meet up.

Emma The cover shows percy and jason charging at each other!!!!!!!!! maybe they are fighting for praetorship?! but percy is wearing orange and jason is wearing purple.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

CANT WAIT!

Emma oh my god, it seems like forever since the son of neptune came out! i NEED the mark of athena!!!!!!!!!!

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments I need to read this book! I've read the sneak peak chapters a million times since it came out, but its just not enough

message 8: by B.A. (new)

B.A. Schulte | 2 comments Really looking forward to this. I assume from the title that Annabeth will have a major role to play.

Hopefully this won't be the last we see of these characters. I could go for a Nico book.

message 9: by Emma (last edited Oct 03, 2012 10:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma I finished it! it was so awesome, but i don't think it was as good as the son of neptune. terrible cliffhangery ending as usual! has anyone else finished? i can't believe (view spoiler)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

when Piper said Percy was unimpressive compared to Jason??! I was so MAD, i felt like slapping her n the face! what a Bitch

message 11: by Shie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shie (sjshie) | 7 comments I finished the book last night and it was so awesome I can't put it out of my mind. I don't think I could wait for another year for the next book. And oh, PERCABETH's melting my heart.

message 12: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Schira This book seemed to feature more call backs than any of his previous books. Also, and this might just be me, but it felt kind of like a placeholder in the series.

The cliffhanger is diabolical, confirming that yes, this will be the last time I start reading a series, even one I know I love, until all of the books are out. I'm not good at waiting.

Elise | 2 comments Oh god Percabeth many my heart melted many times in this book even though I haven't finished it yet!!!!

Elizabeth Stuart (lizzystu) | 6 comments I love how Rick Riordan includes various aspects of Greek and Roman mythology in his books! I find the dichotomy between the two personalities of the gods to be very intriguing and I like how Riordan includes real historical sites in his books.

message 15: by Ela (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ela Hai wrote: "Percabeth!!! theyre so adorable!!!"

Not sure I liike the name...:P But I agree with the sentiment!! :D

message 16: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

TheEmoQueen wrote: "when Piper said Percy was unimpressive compared to Jason??! I was so MAD, i felt like slapping her n the face! what a Bitch"

I felt that way too! Percy is WAY better than Jason

message 17: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

I lived this book I think it's the best in the series so far and the cliffhanger is manageable this time. Unlike SoN where they were going to meet each other, Percy can totally kick butt an the gang will be awesome in the next book! My favorite part was every part with Leo! He's so funny hah like with the nymphs <3 Jason and Percy's little competitions and budding bromance was fun too

Sushanth  (sushanthadisembodiedreader) The book was great. Though i hope rick doesn't give piper another chance to narrate. And Percy's narration part was way too small. Hope he includes Jason in the next part as a narrator

message 19: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think Nico should narrate next book

message 20: by Nila (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nila | 139 comments good god. this book almost killed me. i literally just finished it like two minutes ago. i cried. i'm not kidding. I WAS SO GOODD!!!!!

message 21: by Nila (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nila | 139 comments Ela wrote: "Hai wrote: "Percabeth!!! theyre so adorable!!!"

Not sure I liike the name...:P But I agree with the sentiment!! :D"

I AGREE TOO!!!! I LOOOVVEEE THEEEMMM!!!!

message 22: by Jamile (last edited Oct 14, 2012 11:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jamile (jamilemsilva) | 47 comments Nikki *Otaku wrote: "TheEmoQueen wrote: "when Piper said Percy was unimpressive compared to Jason??! I was so MAD, i felt like slapping her n the face! what a Bitch"

I felt that way too! Percy is WAY better than Jason"

i came here to write that XD
piper is crazy if she thinks jason is better! someone *cough* annabeth *cough* should slap her -.- get some sense into her mind ahrrr

anyway, i loved the book. the end was such a cruel cliffhanger :'( i didn't know wat to do 1st: cry, slap a pillow, scream in horror and frustration... take ur pick
anyway,
annabeth+percy forever!!! :D
(i also am not sure if i'll come to liking this new nickname "Percabeth")

<3

message 23: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

I liked the introduction to narcissus, echo, nemesis, Hercules, those 2 river gods, and Arachne. That was really cool. Especially since her put the artwork for them on his blog before the book release. It was interesting to see Mr.B instead of Mr.D

Emily Olkkola (FutureSomebody) | 2 comments Anyone else like that "dam" reference Percy made from one of the other books? :D?

message 25: by Lei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lei (lei_22) Love this book so much though I still prefer Percy and Annabeth over Jason and Piper's relationships bc I have a stronger connection with Percy and Annabeth. I cannot wait for The House of Hades!!!!!

message 26: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily wrote: "Anyone else like that "dam" reference Percy made from one of the other books? :D?"

Yes!!! I think there were a couple other references to older books too but I don't remember them at the moment...

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments I stayed up until midnight of October 2nd waiting for this book. I almost missed school for sleeping in :)

message 28: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Dempsey (BigonBooks) WHY RICK, WHY?!?! Percabeth is perfect!!!!

Wei-Wei (wwchen) | 114 comments Did you guys hear about The Son of Sobek? It's so exciting! A crossover of Egyptian and Greek mythology with two amazing characters!

Brian (blaze546) | 5 comments loved this book it was so intresting hearing percy and annabeth thoughts on there relationship in there different povs

Erica | 138 comments I cried so hard at the end!! Percabeth 4 EVER!!

message 32: by FallingAngels (new)

FallingAngels | 42 comments Can't wait for house of hades! Anyone wonder what 5th book will be called?

Rachel Jackson | 14 comments Zoe wrote: "Did you guys hear about The Son of Sobek? It's so exciting! A crossover of Egyptian and Greek mythology with two amazing characters!"

Ya I did soooooooooo excited :D

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I loved this book and can't wait for the next one! I hope Nico plays a bigger part in the next one and he gets to know his sister more.

The Son of Sobeck sounds so good!

message 35: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 129 comments My boys and I are in the middle of it as we speak, so I dare not read anyone else's comments. Loving it so far!

Qamar Halat (lifefillednights) | 497 comments I'm so excited for the next one, practically threw the book when I finished. Talk about a cliff hanger, and I mean that one was a legit cliff hanger!

Linda Peng | 11 comments omgomgomg i have to read this! I can't believe how sudden the son of neptune ended!! AHHH

Molly I absolutely loved this book. The ending had me screaming bloody murder. Honestly in the end of the house of hades I think Leo's the one whose gonna stay behind to close the doors of death from the inside. This is up for discussion and I'd like to know others opinions on this.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I am probably the only one that hated this book. The romance is too juvenile, the characters too whiny, and the action scenes were too "not actiony".

message 40: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Molly wrote: "I absolutely loved this book. The ending had me screaming bloody murder. Honestly in the end of the house of hades I think Leo's the one whose gonna stay behind to close the doors of death from the..."

Why Leo? because he's the seventh wheel...?

message 41: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new) - rated it 5 stars

CraftyO1 wrote: "I think I am probably the only one that hated this book. The romance is too juvenile, the characters too whiny, and the action scenes were too "not actiony"."

it's supposed to be juvenile though... they're kids.... well teens now. my, how they grow up ;)