Challenge Overload (PNR and UF Edition) discussion

Quarterly/Seasonal Challenges > I Gotta Do It My Way Soltice Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (last edited Jun 13, 2012 03:50PM) (new)

Lily (lilithesque) “I Gotta Do It My Way” Solstice Reading Challenge.
Dates: Summer Solstice (June 20th)thru Fall Equinox (September 22).

0/12 Complete

If you do lots of challenges, you know there are some fairly universal rules everyone uses in setting up the parameters for their challenges. We're gunna break them cause its summer and it sounds fun. If you want to be more philosophical, those who hold with earth-based spirituality have had to flow against the stream historically, and so we are just gunna follow that tradtion.

In this challenge, instead of having to read the book during the timeframe, you can have read it at any time; you just need to finish it within our timeframe.

Don’t care how many pages it is.

And in honor of breaking rules, we will break our own, and say you can include one book that you don’t finish. You must have read a quarter of it.

You can take one of this challenges categories, and replace it with your own. (Name it).

Lastly, if one book fits more then one catagory, you can use it for tthem both. If amazingly you can get one book to fit all the catagories, then you only need one book!

Ok here we go,

1. In Honor of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” song, read a book that has a music playlist or music is performed or listened to in the book.

2. Breaking Conventions: Read three books by authors who participate in conventions

A. Comicon: (http://www.comic-con.org/cci2011/cci_...

B. Dragoncon: (http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_guests_li...

C. Romantic Times Convention: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily...
Note: You can check any book conventions and replace them. These are just three I dream of attending.

3. Copycat:

a. Mimic: Read a book someone else from “challenge overload” is reading or read.

b. Form your own opinion: Read a book one of your friends or someone from challenge overload gave 2 or less stars to.

c. Ummm, hi-jacking ideas! Look within challenge overload and pick a category from another challenge (Past or present). And read a book to meet that category.

4. Bad Ass!

a. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (male)

b. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (female)

c. Read a book in which the protag transforms from a rule following type to a risk taker or rebel.

5. The Party is on!

a. One book in which there is a celebration or party.

b. One book where the solstice is mentioned or celebrated.

message 2: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) I will of course, partisipate.

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm in!

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) Happy Solstice Everyone. May luck be ever in your favor!

And you can start on the challenge

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Back at you Lily!

message 6: by Lily (last edited Jun 22, 2012 11:19PM) (new)

Lily (lilithesque) “I Gotta Do It My Way” Solstice Reading Challenge.
June 20th--September 22

0/12 Complete

RULES

. just need to finish it within our timeframe.

. any lenghth

. Unfinished (You must have read a quarter of it).

. take one of this challenges categories, and replace it with my choice. (Name it).

. Consolidate catagories.

1. has a music playlist or music is performed or listened to in the book.

Breaking Conventions: Read three books by authors who participate in conventions

2. Comicon: Patricia Briggs Fair Game NOW READING
3. Dragoncon:
4. Romantic Times

Copycat:

5. Mimic: Read a book someone else from “challenge overload” is reading or read.

6. Form your own opinion: Read a book one of your friends or someone from challenge overload gave 2 or less stars to.

7. hi-jacking ideas! Look within challenge overload and pick a category from another challenge (Past or present). And read a book to meet that category.

Bad Ass!

8. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (male)

9. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (female)

10. Read a book in which the protag transforms from a rule following type to a risk taker or rebel. Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs

The Party is on!

11. One book in which there is a celebration or party. Fair Game

12. One book where the solstice is mentioned or celebrated.

Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) sorry guys, Ive been totally swamped at work and bringing it hoem and I have been a little obsessed with castlevilee. These two situations combined to create me negelecting reading and blogging about teading. Anyway I am back .

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily (lilithesque) This challenge is fixing to wrap up. I will update my feed, and tally any last minute updates.

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. This was a hard one! - 10/12 Complete

1. In Honor of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” song, read a book that has a music playlist or music is performed or listened to in the book.
None

2. Breaking Conventions: Read three books by authors who participate in conventions

A. Comicon: (http://www.comic-con.org/cci2011/cci_...
Supernaturally by Kiersten White *****

B. Dragoncon: (http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_guests_li...
none

C. Romantic Times Convention: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/rt-daily...
Note: You can check any book conventions and replace them. These are just three I dream of attending.
A Texan's Luck by Jodi Thomas

3. Copycat:

a. Mimic: Read a book someone else from “challenge overload” is reading or read.
Three Days to Dead Lily

b. Form your own opinion: Read a book one of your friends or someone from challenge overload gave 2 or less stars to.
Lord John and the Scottish Prisoner Mirely gave ** I have ****

c. Ummm, hi-jacking ideas! Look within challenge overload and pick a category from another challenge (Past or present). And read a book to meet that category.
Barrayar Sci-fi 06/30/12 *****

4. Bad Ass!

a. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (male)
Encrypted 06/22/12 ****

b. Read a book with a protag that is a rule breaker (female)
All That Bleeds 06/23/12 *****

c. Read a book in which the protag transforms from a rule following type to a risk taker or rebel.
Shards of Honour 06/28/12 *****

5. The Party is on!

a. One book in which there is a celebration or party.
The Fortune Hunter 06/24/12 ****

b. One book where the solstice is mentioned or celebrated.
Dragonfly in Amber 07/07/12 *****