Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations, #1-2) Theft of Swords discussion

Who else thought this book was AMAZING?

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth This has to be one of my favorite books. I really want the sequel but my Library doesn't have them and I dont live near a book store. Sigh.

Christian I thought this book was great as well. I usually give a new book around the first 5 pages or so to try and hook me in and Mr. Hadrian managed to latch his claws on to me from the first couple of paragraphs. Hope you have better luck in getting your hands on a copy of Rise of Empire; it's worth every second you spend time reading it.

message 3: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Wheeler I was very surprised how good this book was.

Kamla Count me in! I just finished the entire series. There is just so much to love about it. I've already posted my review of Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire and will be posting one for Heir of Novron shortly. Maybe you can request for you library to obtain a copy. They do that sort o thing at my library. Best of luck to you.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 5: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Thanks guys - so glad you have enjoyed. Very much looking forward to Kamla's review of Heir of Novron. - she writes such great ones!

message 6: by Mac (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mac Couldn't agree more. This series is what fantasy SHOULD be. All the characters are fantastic, the relationship between Royce and Hadrian is incredible, the story is well told and moves along at a great pace... I can't say enough how great this is. This series is my new gift/book I recommend to anyone and everyone. Thank you Mr. Sullivan for such a wonderful series!

message 7: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael @Mac - that's great - thanks for helping to spread the word. I truly appreciate this so terribly much. At this stage I've done what I can do...wrote the books...whether they become "popular" or not is really up to people like you recommending to others so if it does ever "Break big" it will be a joint effort.

Snarktastic Sonja Well. I am EXCITED!!!!! I finally convinced my son (the one with tastes most similar to my own) to read this trilogy (or hexology or whatever you call it). He is loving it too!

Sorry, Michael. He is reading my copy.

message 9: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael I think that's great...and no I'm not upset with you sharing copies - that's one of the great things about books is sharing them with friends and loved ones. I would much rather have more readers than more $'s so SHARE AWAY!

Claude Johnson I greatly enjoyed the series... I hope there is more to come.

message 11: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael @Alan - I agree...as long as the lending is done like books - which means that you can only give it to one person at a time and while it is "with them" you can't access it yourself. I think the worry is that you'll send it 20 friends all simultaneously, and I can see where that would be a potential problem for the publisher.

message 12: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael @Claude - This series is done - I designed it to start and end where it did. But there are certainly some potential for "other" series either with the same characters or new ones.

Claude Johnson Michael wrote: "@Claude - This series is done - I designed it to start and end where it did. But there are certainly some potential for "other" series either with the same characters or new ones."

Ahhhhhh!!!! I understand, its in my favorite re-reads list on my tablet.

Sarah brilliant book, loved the characters, was like saying goodbye to old friends at end of the series.

Johnathan I loved this series, the characters were great, the story was great. Wow just wow. Thank you Mr. Sullivan for the wonderful book.

Russell Absolutely AMAZING. I can't wait to read the next two books. Thank your for your gift Mr. Sullivan!!

Amber Ivers I did. I absolutely loved this series. I am glad that I ran across them.

message 18: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Thanks all - I'm blown away by your high praise and oh so glad that the books have given you some enjoyable reading.

Myriam Just wanted to chime in and also say what a great experience I had reading this series. I have been talking to my friends about them non-stop!

message 20: by Amit (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amit Bahri I really enjoyed this series. I am about to start my second read of all three books once I finish "The Name of the Wind". I remember feeling sad as I was finishing the third book, because I was enjoying it so much I did not want it to end. This has not happened to me that often, but when it does I know I am reading something special!!!

message 21: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ I absolutly LOVED all these bookes!!!!!!! Sooooooooo great!

Chris Kamla wrote: "Count me in! I just finished the entire series. There is just so much to love about it. I've already posted my review of Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire and will be posting one for Heir of Novr..."
Yep, great reading, quality characters.

message 23: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Glad everyone is enjoying the books so much. I think you'll be glad to hear that there will be a new prequel series in the fall of 2013:

* The Crown Tower (Aug 1, 2013)
* The Rose and the Thorn (Sep 5, 2013)

message 24: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Wheeler Looking forward to the new books!

Justin more Riyria?! That's beyond amazing. I have to to say when I picked up the books off amazon I was a bit reluctant to start the read. I hadn't been lost in books since well, middle school...and they were big books. But I can't believe them, the characters were just fantastic. The story was so deep and had so many great tie-ins (loved Nimbus and how his part of the story ended). I picked up a trilogy and am on another since then but nothing has yet to compare to this series. I am so glad I read these and if it wasn't for such a great read to start me back into books I might have dropped it (especially would have if I read the trilogy, that I pick up after Riyria, first...yikes.) and I'm also glad that I could support the author by buying all the physical copies ^_^

Angela Jinks liefer These books were recommended to me by a coworker when I ran out of things to read. I can't believe I had never heard of them before!!! I love the relationship between Hadrian and Royce and the character development is perfect! I am now recommending them to everyone, whether they ask or not.

message 27: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Nice Angela - thanks for that. The fact that you've not head of them before doesn't surprise me. While it's true that they have been out for a year, in many ways I feel like the momentum is just starting to grow. Hopefully with kind folks like you recommending them to others that will definitely be the case.

Michael.

Clinton I love this book! I bought the other one as soon as i finished this one. I had no idea these books were out there until I saw you responding to a comment in The Fantasy Book group. I have an high respect for authors who communicate and respond with their fans so thats one of the main reasons i went out and got the first one. Keep up the good job!

message 29: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael Nice! I'm so glad that you took a chance and liked what you found. Writing is very solitary...so being able to talk to others about the books is actually very fulfilling for me. It really fuels my desire to write when I hear from readers that they have enjoyed the books.

message 30: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Brown I didn't know what to expect from the books I found them at a school book fair and didn't have anything else to read. Now I am glad I read them they are some of my favorite books! Now that there are prequels I don't know what to say... but I am super excited!

message 31: by Wil (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wil Byers Add me to the list. I love this book also. I have yet to read the next two books because I am forcing myself to go through a backlog of some other books I already purchased. But, it is so difficult to wait. Every time I see or hear about the series my heart jumps a beat. It has that kind of lasting fondness for me that only a handful of other books do. I agree that the author's engagement is commendable. It makes me feel good about supporting his work. It's not surprising though, as I recently heard an interview with him on Sword and Laser podcast in which he talks about his long journey and self-publishing, etc. I'm just happy that it appears as though I will get to enjoy many more books by him.

Patricia I love this series!!!! I bought the first book by accident on Audible and figured 'oh what the heck' I will just listen to it. And it was a WOW. Got the other two books ASAP. I hope Mr. Sullivan continues the series.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally devoured Theft of Swords and am 80% through Rise of the Empire. Heir of Novron is in the wings. Can't get enough Royce. Just love a bad boy. ;)

message 34: by Jim (last edited Mar 21, 2013 04:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Michael wrote: "Glad everyone is enjoying the books so much. I think you'll be glad to hear that there will be a new prequel series in the fall of 2013:

* The Crown Tower (Aug 1, 2013)
* The Rose and the Thorn (S..."

Michael,
When I saw you were posting here I was going to whine (alot) but ater seeing this post I'll just quietly wait until August

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Jim, have you joined in the Buddy Read for Theft of Swords? What a phenomonal series. And now can't wait for Fall. :) Of course, we're still waiting for spring around here, so autumn is a long way off. *sigh*

Esther K.L. wrote: "Jim, have you joined in the Buddy Read for Theft of Swords? What a phenomonal series. And now can't wait for Fall. :) Of course, we're still waiting for spring around here, so autumn is a long way ..."

What's the Buddy Read?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is the link http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... Basically a discussion about Theft of Swords as folks are reading it. Though I'm all the way through all the books. :)

Esther Thanks, I'm in!

message 39: by Gabi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabi I finished last week all three books of the series and I can say that they were beyond my expectations.
Every time I tried to figure it out what will happend next, Michael managed to surprise me with exactly the opposite aproach of the end.
Congrats and keep up the good work.

message 40: by Gary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gary Welch Enjoyed the first three books, and looking forward to reading the next two!

message 41: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Have been waiting months for the two new books. August is here, so I'm mopping up my drool!