Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Deep Blue Eyes on the Greek Isles
This topic is about Deep Blue Eyes on the Greek Isles
Bulletin Board > HELP needed

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments Deep blue eyes on the Greek Isles by Dimitri Sarantis
I need some HELP! Is there a problem/conflict with a reviewer posting the same review with his same name on Goodreads and Amazon simultaneously?

Thanks for the help,
Dimitri

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Longley (goodreadscombarbara_longley) | 4 comments No. It's common. You'll often find the same review on B&N, Amazon, Goodreads, and on a blog, plus other sites at once. That's how they get the word out.

message 3: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Fitzpatrick (l_e_fitzpatrick) | 60 comments A lot of dedicated reviewers post their reviews everywhere they can. There's no need to worry, unless it's a bad review that is.

message 4: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments Many thanks Barbara and L.E. Obviously if it's a bad review you don't want it anywhere LOL
Dimitri

message 5: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments Well it depends on what you mean by bad review. If it's a review stating you disliked the book and you critisize it with examples and proofs then of course this is a great review. but I beleive you mean a badly written formated and in general sucky review, right?

message 6: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments Absolutely right Nic

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Longley (goodreadscombarbara_longley) | 4 comments Even bad reviews can create buzz for an author. Especially if you have a bunch of good reviews to go along with it. Amazon does a thing where they'll line your best and worst side by side. This generates discussion, which can then lead to sales. Look out for trolls, though. Do not engage them in any way. They feed off that interaction.

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 242 comments Nic wrote: "Well it depends on what you mean by bad review. If it's a review stating you disliked the book and you critisize it with examples and proofs then of course this is a great review. but I beleive you..."

I agree that those types of reviews, while negative, can also be helpful to both the author and other readers. Just saying a book sucks and you shouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole without giving any well-thought out explanation of why you think so isn't even remotely beneficial to anyone, in my opinion.

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Dimitri wrote: "Deep blue eyes on the Greek Isles by Dimitri Sarantis
I need some HELP! Is there a problem/conflict with a reviewer posting the same review with his same name on Goodreads and Amazon simultaneously?

Thank..."

Nope. I do it all the time.

message 10: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments Cheryl wrote: "Nic wrote: "Well it depends on what you mean by bad review. If it's a review stating you disliked the book and you critisize it with examples and proofs then of course this is a great review. but I..."

Exactly, I always try to point our what the book has to offer first, the positive sides. What really stood out for me. Then if I can find a few negative aspects i'll bring them forth but I'll always eplain myself and post wy and how.

message 11: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments Barbara wrote: "Even bad reviews can create buzz for an author. Especially if you have a bunch of good reviews to go along with it. Amazon does a thing where they'll line your best and worst side by side. This gen..."

Thanks Barbara,
Dimitri

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Nope, like everyone else has said this is common and actually helpful. All sites that post reviews people will post the same review because not everyone uses all the websites and also it would be weird to have multiple reviews by one person on the same book. The more sites the persons review is posted on the better, it shows good credentials and supports the book and the reviewers belief and like.

message 13: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments I fully agree with you Justin. A very credible person mentioned to me this idea, - about not posting the same review on multiple sites - which judging from all of the above comments is completely wrong.

Thanks for everyone's help,
Dimitri

message 14: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments That's great. Now.. does anyone know how I could post reviews on Amazon. SinceI odn't have the money to buy anything and taht's their moto. You havn't purchased anything yet, you can't review anything... I tried buying stuff that were for sale at 0.00$ and I asked Amazon if that counted as a purchased item, sadly it doesn't. Any ideas? xD

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Nic wrote: "That's great. Now.. does anyone know how I could post reviews on Amazon. SinceI odn't have the money to buy anything and taht's their moto. You havn't purchased anything yet, you can't review anyth..."

Buy something small. Seriously. They're a commerce site.

Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa | 47 comments That's strange, I review books there that were sent to me free through the email from authors?.??? I don't understand that...

message 17: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I thought anyone could post a review on Amazon, you have to purchase in order to comment or post a review? That seems weird..

message 18: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments Well, that's what I believe I read on their site; any purchase, 10 years earlier.
Dimitri

message 19: by L.E. (new)

L.E. Fitzpatrick (l_e_fitzpatrick) | 60 comments There will be lots of indie authors eager to send you a freebie of their book if you review it for them, perhaps you could do it that way.

message 20: by Dimitri (new) - added it

Dimitri Sarantis | 32 comments That's for sure L.E., that's my experience too. What I was specifically answering to was that as far as I read on Amazon, if I remember correctly, anyone can post a customer review on any book provided that he/she has purchased any one book and is registered on Amazon. All reviews are rated by the public and that's how you get the top 10,000 Amazon reviewers here: http://www.amazon.com/review/top-revi...

message 21: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments L.E. wrote: "There will be lots of indie authors eager to send you a freebie of their book if you review it for them, perhaps you could do it that way."

hmm, problem is I always get my free boosk to review via email adress, not sure if they would send it to me somehow on amazon it would work though..