J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > What part of the In Death world would you like to have ?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Definately the droids. I would love them cleaning, cooking, and doing yard work. Wouldn't have to pay them, listen to lip, and they will do it to your satisfaction.

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13040 comments Mod
I want the auto chef...really bad! I'm not much of a cook and this would eliminate about 75% of the disagreements in my household:)

message 3: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments As much as I'd love an Auto Chef, I actually like cooking... I'd rather have a droid to clean my house, do laundry, dishes, etc.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:22AM) (new)

Sara ♥ wrote: "As much as I'd love an Auto Chef, I actually like cooking... I'd rather have a droid to clean my house, do laundry, dishes, etc."

We should coordinate...I know it sounds ill but I like doing the dishes, laundry, etc. especially now that I do it listening to audiobooks:)

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Jonetta you can come to my house and I will keep you in audio books

message 6: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Dang, you live so far away from me! :(

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Lol to both of you! My family loves this little quirk of mine, especially during holiday meals. I love having that quiet time as I'm cleaning up the kitchen while everyone stays around the cleaned up dinner table, chatting and having a good time. I can hear the conversation and decompress...so relaxing. It doesn't hurt that every kitchen has always had a window to help with the escape.

I love it!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I would like to have the hollow rooms. That looks like so much fun.

message 9: by Sierra (new)

Sierra I don't know if I could pick just one thing. I think the Auto Chef would have it's benefits, although I still would do some cooking. I think the holo rooms would be totally awesome, especially if I had one in my house. Hello quick and easy "get-aways"! I could use a droid to help keep the house clean and laundry done. (it never seems to end!) But I've always said that if I had the oportunity to go into space I would...so I think the off-world experience is what I'd like most.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Sierra, you really have thought this through perfectly!

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 4 comments Can I say Roarke? If not then I would definitely take an auto chef! Their shower sounds pretty amazing too.

message 12: by Dee (last edited Jun 23, 2012 10:52PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I still want the droid. I think it would be cool to program it to do all kinds of things, especially the things I can't or don't want to do. Oh well if wishes were fishes.....

message 13: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments ... no tank in the world would be big enough to hold all of them?

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Sara ♥ wrote: "... no tank in the world would be big enough to hold all of them?"

What are you talking about Sara?

message 15: by Sara ♥ (last edited Jun 25, 2012 08:23AM) (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments If wishes were fishes... I didn't know how to finish your thought! (After I wrote that I googled it. I'd never heard that phrase before...)

message 16: by Tya (new)

Tya I've always heard "if wishes were fishes even beggars would feast!" I want all of it, thanks. I want a droid and an autochef and a holo-room. Autochefs confuse me, though. Do you buy ingredients and the autochef decides what it can make with what you've bought? Does each machine only have certain things that it can make and you buy the same groceries each week? Does it get its own groceries? Are there limits to what the autochef can make? There are occassional mentions of Summerset cooking things...but yeah. Want one. And a trip to outerspace. Lets make it happen!

message 17: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Yeah, I don't really get how autochefs work either... Oh, the future is a mysterious place! ;)

message 18: by Dee (last edited Jul 22, 2012 03:03AM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I agree I want it all, including a majordomo (even a stuffed shirt like Summerset) and a mansion, because with all that stuff I wouldn't have to clean it.

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments Well, I think we still have to shop because there were a few references to Eve's nearly empty one before she moved in with Roarke. I have always liked the idea that we could put he ingredients it needs to make the dishes that are on the menu. Then after working a 10 hour day I could just chose.

message 20: by Ame (new)

Ame | 18 comments Pffff.... autochefs, droids, holoroom..... I want Roarke!!!!

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Get in line:)

message 22: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments Yes, we'll if I could have Roarke I could have all the rest right? Lol

message 23: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments So true Dawn!!! I want Roarke, too! Who doesn't????
But if we couldn't have him, I would still want all the rest. However, on top of my list are the holo room, a trip to outerspace (but as it is in the In Death series, not like today!), an autochef would be great, too, so my mum would stop nugging me about how she is the only one who deals with the cooking in our house...
Also did somebody mentioned about wanting the mansion? I think it was Dee, but anyway I wouldn't mind owning a house like that either!!!!

message 24: by Judy (new)

Judy (bigfootgal) | 108 comments Roarke is first on my list, too. Then, I thought I wanted an autochef, but since it has been pointed out that there would still be shopping, I have decided I want Sommerset. He does it all.

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

Lol! Summerset...what a great idea since you'd get the benefit of all the stuff.

I still want the autochef, shopping or not.

message 26: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments He even makes fudge brownies! (I'm listening to Innocent in Death again...)

message 27: by Robbie (new)

Robbie Askew-cooper | 2 comments I like the virtual holistic vacations.

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

It's the best way to travel!

message 29: by Tya (new)

Tya I don't want Roarke. If I have Roarke then who would Eve have (I love her)...? But! If she's willing to share and Peabody won't kick my be-hind for being chosen before her then sign me UP. Judy, you are so right. Just give me Sommerset.

message 30: by Vera (new)

Vera M. | 446 comments Oh my god yes those fudge brownies sound delicious lol and now I want to bake some brownies!!

message 31: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (tiffanyfaber) | 5 comments omg, auto chef. i want one bad!

message 32: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanneferron) | 2 comments omg, the drying tube, it just sounds so handy.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd want a friend like Peabody: loyal, devoted, strong, optimistic, animal lover, free ager and someone that would always have your back.

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

That's a lovely thought.

message 35: by Mary (new)

Mary | 208 comments I believe that we all, more or less, look for a friend like that, don't we?

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate Brown | 1 comments I would like the workout areas: the pool, weights, VR rooms, droids to work with on my fitness level.........

message 37: by Betsy (new)

Betsy I'd like the society without guns. Obviously there is still murder, and even massacres, but in their world the murderers have to really work at it. They at least don't seem to have drive-bys, and gun accidents killing little kids, etc.

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

Betsy, this was one of the first aspects of this series I found fascinating. Great point!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking today of Eve's soft as butter made by elves leather coat...and her boots. Then I was thinking more about the boots, what they really look like. Then I decided and I don't know if it counts as a room, but I want Eve's closet.

message 40: by Jonetta (new)

You mean the one Roarke created:)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah yeah yeah!!!

message 42: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 116 comments Wow, some great ideas here -- I love Betsy's, which I wouldn't have thought of myself, of a world without (legal) guns. I also love the idea of how fast they can travel. As some who loves to travel, but hates the time and hassle involved, this would be so awesome to me.

message 43: by Tya (new)

Tya Here's my question: are friggies different than refrigerators? Or is that just 2060 slang for fridge? What about Pepsi tubes? Are they the same as bottles or have bottles gone out of fashion in the next 50 years? On the one hand I like that she doesn't explain things like that because they are every day items. No one really goes on in their day to day life explaining every day things. Like oh, there's my refridgerator. I like to refer to it as a fridge or when I'm feeling fancy a refridgedare jus' cause I'm cool. But as time has gone on I am curious. Oh and it also seems like denim jeans have gone out of fashion and I just need to know more about that.

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

We had quite the discussion about Pepsi tubes in another group and came up with about five different ideas:) I envisioned something plastic and slim.

message 45: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments I guess I envision something like those juice pouches we have, only long and slim, when she talks about a Pepsi tube. My main irritation is that there seems only to be Pepsi, and as a Coke drinker, that would ruin it all for me lol. Friggie seems like maybe it is a small refrigerator, like they have in Europe.

message 46: by Vera (new)

Vera M. | 446 comments I suppose I imagine them similar to dawn. Like the capri sun pouches, but shaped more like a longer, slimmer pepsi can.

message 47: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3237 comments This is the best thing about books. We can envision in so many different ways

message 48: by Tya (new)

Tya That makes sense. In my head I've always seen kind of like a sturdier balloon. You know, the long ones that they make balloon animals out of? Maybe something similar to aluminum but that's just because I like sound effects and every time she crumples up a can and tosses it I hear aluminum crinkling up.

You know. That could be a Tya thing!

message 49: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 6 comments I would want the cars. They can fly, we'll hover, drive themselves, voice control. I have a long commute. Those cars would be soo very nice. As for the Pepsi tube, I always imagine them as more sturdier Capri sun tubes, or less sturdy aluminum cans that can be easily smushed and recycled.

As for where Coke is, imagine its still there and Eve just prefers Pepsi.

message 50: by Judy (new)

Judy (bigfootgal) | 108 comments Trisha wrote: "I would want the cars. They can fly, we'll hover, drive themselves, voice control. I have a long commute. Those cars would be soo very nice. As for the Pepsi tube, I always imagine them as more stu..."

I've been waiting for a flying car since The Jetsons! Also a jet pack. That would eliminate parking issues - just need a locker to hang it in. As for Coke, as a dedicated Coke drinker, I am sure it is still there. Eve just has that one little quirk about Pepsi, but I can forgive her that.

« previous 1