The 4-Hour Workweek The 4-Hour Workweek discussion

Achieving the life style

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Richard I love this book. It is not the typical "think and grow rich" type. It is truly a how to book on choosing a different path than the professional one most of us get trapped in.

I am actually pretty far down the path to breaking free of the office as Tim Ferriss advises. I travel extensively around the world.

Anyone else going down this path?

-RS

Rachel Denning This is definitely one of my favorites. I love his unconventional thinking.

We just returned from a year abroad in Costa Rica. Making plans for the next trip, using Tim's strategies.

I wrote a review of his book on my blog
http://racheldenning.wordpress.com/20...

Jenny This has become one of my favorites as well. I particularly like that he acknowledges that everyone has their own path to discover and travel and that he lays out some useful ideas to consider. Indeed, the whole point is lifestyle customization which is something I've been practicing out of necessity for almost 10 years now. It's thrilling to see the concept gain more exposure and acceptance.

Darren Burton I've just ordered a copy of this book from Amazon and am currently waiting for it to arrive. I've heard some good things about it and it sounds like my kind of thing. Who wants to be stuck in an office or tied to a job they hate? I certainly don't. I'll post comments of what I thought of the book once I've received and devoured it.

Jenny Also, check out Tim Ferriss' blog at http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/. The 4 Hour Work Week site also has some free goodies that you can access only by inputting some secret word from a particular part of the book.

I think the only thing I could say the book is seriously lacking is stories from people who have kids, especially single moms. Ferriss mentions a single mom who implemented her own version of the principles, but there's no other detail. Granted, a story like that could be its own book, but still... As a single mom myself, I'm always got an eye out for similar others who are trying to make it all work the way they want and need. Hopefully one day Ferriss will follow up this book with a compilation of success stories.

ArtemisPearl I don't travel extensively, but it wasn't my goal to do so. I did quit my job and move to France and start an online business that is exactly what I want to do and I make a living from it. 4 hour was a huge influence on me. My next step is that I need to outsource and hire people now to do more of the work because although I love wht I do, after 4 years, I'm getting worn down. It's really important to set your business in a way that you can be absent when you want to. That's my goal for the coming year.

Triệu Vỹ CÔNG DỤNG CỦA TINH DẦU BƯỞI VI JULLY
Giúp nuôi dưỡng tóc từ chân tóc tới ngọn
Giúp kích thích mọc tóc, dày, dài nhanh 5 đến 7 cm mỗi tháng
Nuôi dưỡng da đầu, ngăn rụng, trị hói
Giảm tóc khô xơ, phục hồi tóc chẻ ngọn và bị cháy do hóa chất
Giúp tóc dày, tránh rối, mượt mà
Trị hói đầu hiệu quả sau 2-3 tuần sử dụng
Tinh dầu bưởi Vi Jully được chiết xuất từ tinh dầu bưởi thiên nhiên nên cực an toàn da đầu và sức khỏe
http://ventorstore.com/product/tinh-d...