YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > Anniversary Bash Game: Guess the Moderator! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Well, here we are, Day One of the Anniversary bash and your first chance to win a prize!! I would like to say that the Moderators were very cooperative…yeah, I would like to say that. However, after much hemming and hawing, whining and complaining, we have a contest! So your choice of acceptable answers for each question is: Byron, Kaje or Sammy. There are to be NO additions to the acceptable answer list (John Goode we are talking to you!) and no giving answers to friends (K Mason we are talking to you!) 3 Winners will be announced on Tuesday, June 12th. Happy guessing everyone!

Click on the link below to take the quiz!

http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/1794...

message 2: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 11, 2012 07:39PM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments ***

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Shaz
Loh Ah
Brett & Rach (tied for third place)

Winners please look at the prize vault and contact me with your choice!! Thank you!!

Congratulations!!!

Tomorrow's quiz: Reading is its own reward (but prizes don't hurt) is very different!! And more prizes are up for grabs!!

message 3: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments What did I do now?

message 4: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments John wrote: "What did I do now?"

Need I explain???

message 5: by Kaje (last edited Jun 09, 2012 09:31PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments The quiz records your result, but if you want to post it here you can; I'm one of the mods (and hence not in the running for prizes here) and I only got 12/17 correct. Oops.

message 6: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 09, 2012 09:32PM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "The quiz records your result, but if you want to post it here you can; I'm one of the mods (and hence not in the running for prizes here) and I only got 12/17 correct. Oops."

12 out of 17 Kaje--not bad!!!

message 7: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "12 out of 17 Kaje--not bad!!!
..."

Um, considering I knew all my own answers, not so hot either. :)

message 8: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!

message 9: by Kaje (last edited Jun 09, 2012 09:59PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

But you would, right? Given the choice - you're the kind of guy in school who, when you didn't know the right answer to "who led the troops across the Potomac?" would write "Mickey Mouse"

This is called a preemptive strike. So take the damned quiz and prove how well you know your stalker... or not.

message 10: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments Brett got 11 - now I'm really embarrassed by a 12 ;)

message 11: by Shaz (new)

Shaz Wow, I did better than I expected (although I still feel like I'm cheating considering I know Byron personally and Sammy is a very close friend..). I got 14 out of 17!

message 12: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

But you would, right? Given the choice - you're the kind of guy in school who, when you didn't know the right answer to "who ..."

Ok one, Mickey Mouse's military record has been pushed to the background because of Disney's PR machine. I think it is a crime and he should be proud of his service.

Two, any question i get wrong I will simply counter with, i remember it differently :)

message 13: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments *LMAO* Kaje, your being a bit mean there Kaje.. I'm going to go and see how I do.. considering I know nothing about you next to being an awesome writer??

message 14: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments I got 14 right.. !!!

message 15: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments Byron wrote: "I got 14 right.. !!!"

Yeah, make me look bad :)

message 16: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments :) hehehe

message 17: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments Damn!! I must have ticked the wrong one for the first answer coz it said I got that wrong and yet I based all my following few answers on it! Damn should have been patient and went back and checked :P

message 18: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments Rach/Shaz - What did you get?

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) LOL Oh my.... I got 9/17 *grins* I love you guys but I don't know you at all *snickers* Does the one with the lowest score get a spanking??? ;)

message 20: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments 11 but I'm sure it meant 17............

message 21: by Shaz (new)

Shaz Byron wrote: "Rach/Shaz - What did you get?"

I posted mine before...did you miss it lol... I got 14/17...I also told you I thought it wasn't quite fair (I had told Sammy I wasn't going to do the test, but she threatened me...*sob*)

message 22: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments Kat - hahahhahahahahaha I'm sure By has a whip hidden under his bed somewhere ;P

message 23: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "and no giving answers to friends (K Mason we are talking to you!)..."

Hey!!! Like I'd do.... oh, erm, yeah... No Sammy, I shall be good!

(like always.... *snicker*)

message 24: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Though having just taken the quiz.... is there a wooden spoon prize for the lowest score???

I managed a whole 5/17.......

In my defence, it is very early, well, okay, earlyish, in the morning.... :)

message 25: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments Oh my Goodness K...*readys the plank* I think we have a jumper!!! ;P

message 26: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Pah.... you'll have to push me.... you'll never get rid of me that easily!!

message 27: by Rach. (last edited Jun 10, 2012 02:17AM) (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments *pushes K into the sea.....* hahaha

message 28: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

ahahaha---if only they knew!!! they being everyone but Eddie and I!!

message 29: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments 8/17....yeah I failed that. My tactics of Kaje = Sensible one, Sammy = Crazy lady and Byron = The guy I don't know didn't exactly pay off...

message 30: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

But you would, right? Given the choice - you're the kind of guy in school who, when you didn't know the right an..."

I knew you'd bring Mickey into this!

message 31: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kat wrote: "LOL Oh my.... I got 9/17 *grins* I love you guys but I don't know you at all *snickers* Does the one with the lowest score get a spanking??? ;)"

I am putting it on the prize list now!!!!

message 32: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments K wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "and no giving answers to friends (K Mason we are talking to you!)..."

Hey!!! Like I'd do.... oh, erm, yeah... No Sammy, I shall be good!

(like always.... *snicker*)"

HA!!! The Brit being good?!!

message 33: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 10, 2012 02:32AM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments tsk, tsk, tsk---oh how little ye know us!!

Byron--stop selling answers to fund your New Zealand trip!!!

Kaje?? That 12 is looking better all the time, eh??

Wait--I think its time for an evil laugh!!

MWHAHAHAHAH!!!

Wait till you see the other games!!!

The torture fun has just begun!

message 34: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments HELP ...Help...help....I'm drow..n..i...n....g........

message 35: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments K wrote: "HELP ...Help...help....I'm drow..n..i...n....g........"

*throws life ring orange thingy that stops people drowning*...YAY :D

message 36: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

ahahaha---if only they knew!!! they being everyone but Eddie and I!!"

That cat can't testify against me. He has no thumbs and has a tuna addiction.

message 37: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments John wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "John wrote: "I think this is author profiling. I didn't do anything!"

ahahaha---if only they knew!!! they being everyone but Eddie and I!!"

That cat can't testify against me. H..."

ah--but the eyes work the jury everytime---not to mention that slightly waifish look that just screams I live with a crazy author!!! You are going down my friend!!!

message 38: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments K wrote: "HELP ...Help...help....I'm drow..n..i...n....g........"

Wait--were you working an appliance again??

*Sammy shakes her head in disgust and throws a rope to K!

message 39: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments *grabs onto the orange ring and ropes*

Noooo!! I wasn't doing anything with domestic appliances.....it was Rach....she pushed me off the plank!!!

Anyone got a towel?? and I could do with a hot drink....you don't want me to be poorly after that dunking do you?

message 40: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments K wrote: "*grabs onto the orange ring and ropes*

Noooo!! I wasn't doing anything with domestic appliances.....it was Rach....she pushed me off the plank!!!

Anyone got a towel?? and I could do with a hot dr..."

No alcohol--you'll be singing sea shanties before we know it and this is a PG thread!!! Honestly! The things I have to do to keep you people in line!!

message 41: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I've only been using GoodReads properly for the past week!

message 42: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments K wrote: "*grabs onto the orange ring and ropes*

Anyone got a towel?? and I could do with a hot dr..."

*throws over towel and hot chocolate* NO coffee for you missy :P

See I'm being NICE to my fellow Yorkshire lassie;)

message 43: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I've only been using GoodReads properly for the past week!"

You only got three less than me and I've been around WAY longer....hmpf....

message 44: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I've only been using GoodReads properly for the..."

Woo :D

message 45: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I've only been using GoodReads p..."

Shut it or I'll punish you!

message 46: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Thanls Lizzie
*tries to catch towel and hot chocolate*

Oops...think I might need another mug...and a mop...

*puts on best pleading voice* Are you sure I can't have a coffee?? please?? :)

See Sammy no alcohol involved at all!! ... the heat of the drink would ruin it anyway :p

message 47: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments K wrote: "Thanls Lizzie
*tries to catch towel and hot chocolate*

Oops...think I might need another mug...and a mop...

*puts on best pleading voice* Are you sure I can't have a coffee?? please?? :)

See Sam..."

Sigh...clumsy!

You can have decaf ;)

message 48: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I've only been us..."

Are you really gonna bring that conversation onto here? :P

message 49: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as acceptable as I'..."

Noooo.....Noone knows what we're on about anyways....:P

message 50: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Louise wrote: "Thought I'd give it a go and got 5/17... I'd say my lack of correct guesses erm, knowledgeable answers can be classed as a..."

Hehe :D

« previous 1 3