Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Meetup Groups > EST Time G+ Hangouts [1/16 and 1/30 at 8pm EST]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vicky (last edited Nov 07, 2012 04:35PM) (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 493 comments Mod
This post will be kept up to date with the most recent hangout information. You can find general info andsign-up information in the posts below.

This Month's Hangouts

November Hangouts: 11/14 and 11/228 at 8PM EST

Future Hangout Dates
Note: Some of these dates may change due to holiday plans of the active members of the group.

December Hangouts: TBD

message 2: by Vicky (last edited Aug 12, 2012 06:22PM) (new)

General Information

I. Dates and Times
8:00PM EST on the 2nd (Main Pick) and 4th (Alt Pick) Wednesday of the Month.

If a month begins on a Wednesday, we will meet on the 3rd and 5th Wednesday of the month to give everyone adequate time to read the book after it is announced!

II. Hangout Size
Hangouts support up to 10 people - so depending on our size we will split up into groups.

III. Coming Late, Going Early
Feel free! I'm not explicitly setting an end time for discussions, so stay as long as you like.

In general, we tend to talk about the book for about an hour and then move on to other books and related topics. Hangouts have lasted until anywhere from 11pm to almost 1am!

If you're coming late, all I ask is to make sure to let us know via the Google Invite so we can plan groups accordingly.

IV. No Shows

In the last few months many people have accepted the invitation and not shown. This causes a major headache when getting the hangouts ready because we have to split up the group and then end up combining into one group anyway.

To alleviate this, I am going to remove people from my invite circle after 2 months (or 4 hangouts) of either not responding to the event in any way or responding that you will be attending and not showing.

This does not mean that you can never come to a hangout again - it just means that I won't be automatically inviting you every month. If you decide you want to start attending later, feel free to contact me here or on G+ and let me know!

message 3: by Vicky (last edited Aug 12, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Signing Up

I. First Time Hangout-ers

Post or PM me your G+ link and I will add you to my VF Invite Circle and invite you to any currently created hangout events.

II. Hangout Events on Google

I will create hangout events on Google and invite everyone from my VF Invite Circle.

You do not have to respond right away, but I do ask that you keep your RSVP up to date. It's very difficult to organize when people respond that they are attending and don't show.

If you do not keep your RSVP up-to-date, I may remove you from my invite circle. (See IV. No Shows in the post above)

message 4: by Vicky (last edited Aug 12, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Just in case.

message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments https://plus.google.com/1078921119361...

I'll bee there definitely

message 6: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments are we posting it to youtube ?

message 7: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments Great thread! I will rsvp on Tuesday!

message 8: by Vicky (new)

Chad wrote: "https://plus.google.com/1078921119361...

I'll bee there definitely"

I added you to the list!

Chad wrote: "are we posting it to youtube ?"

I'm thinking not for this one. I wouldn't mind going on air, but I don't know if everyone would want to. Maybe in the future when people get more comfortable and we have a better idea of who would be okay going on air we'll run one on air and another privately for those who aren't comfortable plastering their faces on YouTube? ;)

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments RSVP!! *hand up* I doubt I'll finish the book, but I still want to hang and hear what everyone has to say..

message 10: by jillz (last edited Jun 10, 2012 09:28PM) (new)

jillz (jillzz) I'm planning on being there this week. Almost finished with the book. And I'm still down for hosting if need be.

As far as uploading to You Tube, I am not comfortable with that at all, even in the future.

I'll be drinking wine Wed evening as well!

message 11: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 34 comments I just got the book the other day but I'm in the middle of reading the S&L pick so I'm not going to be able to make it to this week's hangout. But I should be good to go for the alt. pick.

message 12: by Vicky (new)

I think I got everyone added that RSVP'd so far, yell at me if I missed you! haha

message 13: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments I will not be able to make it tonight. :-( Still waiting on getting the book from a friend of mine. Hopefully I'll get it in time for the monthly hangout.

message 14: by Vicky (new)

I'm going to get everyone invited from the people who RSVP'd right at eight. If you didn't RSVP for sure but still want to join, send me a message on G+. (https://plus.google.com/1082342716414...)

I'll try to keep this thread refreshed, but I make no promises!

message 15: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Make sure to do an update on how it goes! And anything I can do to help, let me know. I am gonna give you mod privileges on the forum Vicky if that helps. COOL!

message 16: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Still chatting! took me forever to get my cam working.. But it's been pretty fun so far!

message 17: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) It was fun! We had a lot to talk about with Kushiel's Dart. Can't wait to talk about Daughter of the Blood.

message 18: by Vicky (new)

Felicia wrote: "Make sure to do an update on how it goes! And anything I can do to help, let me know. I am gonna give you mod privileges on the forum Vicky if that helps. COOL!"

Thanks Felicia!

It was tons of fun, we had an awesome group and chatted for about 3 hours!

message 19: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) Also, we decided Phedre needed to unfriend Melisande from her FB and Twitter.

message 20: by Vicky (new)

jillz wrote: "Also, we decided Phedre needed to unfriend Melisande from her FB and Twitter."

And delete her number from her cell phone! :) haha

message 21: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments haha, even though my video feed wasn't working yet I was laughing my butt off at that...

message 22: by Vicky (new)

I want to thank everyone who came and hung out last night, it was tons of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one (and our discussion on cockrings of enslavement)!

Our next hangout is going to be for discussion of Daughter of the Blood on June 27th at 8pm EST.

With my newly received mod powers (thanks again Felicia!), I made an event for the hangout here so everyone can RSVP there and it'll be super easy to keep track of! :)

message 23: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Awesome, yes thanks Felicia!

The next one should be interesting!

message 24: by Vicky (new)

I just want to say... I started reading Daughter of the Blood and I'm so pumped for our discussion. So far it's been one lol after another. :) haha

message 25: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) Me too! I'm glad someone else is finding it as ridiculous as I did.

message 26: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nanceebee) | 56 comments Me three! I'm not finished yet... But I'm flying through it! :)
Still haven't gotten far with KD..

message 27: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) Bumping this. Next hangout is tomorrow night and we will be discussing Daughter of the Blood! Anyone is welcome to join us. It was great fun last month. Just see the first post in this thread for information and how to RSVP.

message 28: by Vicky (new)

Bumping this one more time for good measure! Daughter of the Blood hangout is tonight and it should be AWESOME!

I'm going to send out invites to everyone who RSVP'd here (hint hint!) at 8pm to make sure they all get their invites. After everyone is in I think I'll send out a general invite to my VF Circle so that people who didn't RSVP but are still around can join in if they wish.

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan | 8 comments I just found this, I won't be able to make it tonight, but I am definitely in for the next one.

message 30: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Scott (tjscott978) | 16 comments I totally missed this hangout :( I was hoping that there was a link to it on YouTube, but nothing so far. Please post the link or direct me to the YouTube account that is hosting it.

I haven't read the book yet, but the main Vaginal Fantasy Hangout has intrigued me enough to want to know what was said.

Also if there is another one for the July alt book I would love to participate. I still feel like a sort of newb so I'm not willing to be a main participant, but I have to admit that the PST time for the main VFH is kinda hard on those of us that are on EST.

message 31: by Viktoria (new)

Viktoria | 34 comments Tiffany- I know some people do not want their faces posted on YouTube, so that's why you haven't seen a link for our hangout.

message 32: by jillz (new)

jillz (jillzz) We don't record and post the hangouts. The G+ hangout is just for people to get together virtually and chat about the books. Its been a lot of fun so far and I love being able to talk about the books and hear different perspectives.

message 33: by Vicky (new)

With the new Google Events feature, I'm moving RSVPs over to Google Plus - the Hangout will automatically invite people who RSVP yes, so it's awesomely convenient! I'm still going to leave events on the calender here, but I'm not going to be using them for RSVPs - just so people can find the event when it's happening!

I get random people adding me to Google Plus all the time, so please if you want to be included in the hangouts post your G+ link on this thread or send it to me directly (either on Goodreads or G+) so I know who you are! I've caught a couple people and added them to my VF Circle but I don't want to add people I'm not sure are from here and start awkwardly spamming them with Vaginal Fantasy stuff. ;)

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan | 8 comments I am fairly new to using G+ but I think this is my link
https://plus.google.com/1122759243073...

I added you yesterday

message 35: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ndayeni) | 64 comments I think this is mine:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/116631540005130458035/posts

I don't use G+ hardly at all, but feel free to add me.

message 36: by Alisa (new)

Alisa here is mine... i'm still figuring out G+
https://plus.google.com/u/0/111515793...

message 37: by Vicky (new)

It looks like we'll need to split into two hangouts. I'm working on a few big projects for work, so I won't be able to really sit down and get groups split up until this weekend.

Just wanted to give all the newer people a heads up so you don't think I'm not inviting you! :)

message 38: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments @Vicky I should be able to host if you need a second hangout. I don't promise is will be seemless, since I've never hosted a hangout larger than three but G+ chat me if you need my help!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm absolutely down for the upcoming hangouts!

My G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/114279290...

I haven't used G+ much lately, but I'm paying more attention to it now since deleting my Facebook. :)

message 40: by Vicky (new)

Sorry this took so long, my projects are kicking my ass!

We have two groups now and I moved some people from one to the other to even things out. If the groups end up smaller than I expect when the hangout starts we'll combine them into one, but we'll see what happens.

I'm pretty sure I got everyone, but I may have missed someone. If you want to come and didn't get an invite to a G+ event, let me know!

message 41: by Eva (new)

Eva Perkins (evaperkins) | 1 comments My G+: https://plus.google.com/1129759760883...

I'm completely new to G+ and realize I missed the first hangout, but was hoping to join the others...

Eva

message 42: by Vicky (new)

We're still trying to work the kinks out and make this as smooth and easy to organize as possible, so I'm doing things a little differently for next month.

Instead of creating an event for the actual hangout, I'm just going to create a normal event for the date/time of the hangout. The day before a hangout I'll look at how many people have RSVP'd and if we need to split up into two groups I'll ask someone to invite for a second hangout, if not we'll get everybody in one.

With so much difference in attendance from one book to the next depending on who reads the main/alt books, etc - I think this will be easier than trying to preemptively figure out how many hangouts we'll need!

@Eva - I added you to the invite list!

message 43: by Chuck (new)

Chuck Bailey (chuck_bailey) | 63 comments I am also a total noob to G+ X3
I missed the last hangout, but I would like to join in the next one. :) Here is my G+
https://plus.google.com/1082342716414...

message 44: by Vicky (new)

I added you! :)

message 45: by Christine (new)

Christine (mugglemikey) | 3 comments I think I just figured out G+ ;) here is my link https://plus.google.com/1158514636205...
I would like to host but that wont happen for a long time cause i don't get understand G+ just yet

message 46: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments @Chuck and Christine: Are you both okay with me adding you to my VaginalFantasyHangout circle? I plan to share it with other vaginal fantasy hangout followers. Here's a link to the thread I started about this.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 47: by Christine (new)

Christine (mugglemikey) | 3 comments Madison wrote: "@Chuck and Christine: Are you both okay with me adding you to my VaginalFantasyHangout circle? I plan to share it with other vaginal fantasy hangout followers. Here's a link to the thread I started..."

That I totally okay with me :)

message 48: by Madison E. (new)

Madison E. (madiemartin) | 231 comments @Christine YAY! Thanks, you are added.

message 49: by Vicky (new)

Giving this a bump for any new members hat might be interested!

Our next hangout is August 15th at 8pm EST! We have a Google Event set up, so link your circle and I'll send you an invite to it!

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (hexose) | 39 comments I want to come to this month meeting

think this is the right link:
https://plus.google.com/1044000569588...

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.