What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a lady who is very sick and is dying in an attic or an upper story room. Right before she dies a man comes to her side and apologizes for what he has done to her

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments The book is an older one. It has a lady who is very sick and is dying in an attic or an upper story room. Right before she dies a man comes to her side and apologizes for what he has done to her.

THIS IS NOT JANE EYRE- Lady in attic is not crazy just sick and dying!

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) For adults (not teens)?

Older, than, say, 1970? Or older than, say, 1930?

Do you know if the man was related to her?

Do you know (guess) anything about the cover, or whether it was read for a college class or just for fun, or whether it was popular at the time?

message 3: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments Older then 1930- I believe. No, the man is not related to her. I think at one time he tormented her and loved her secretly. It was read for fun. I can't think of anything to do with the cover.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) Hmm - I've no clue - hope someone does!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Molly, are you still looking for this book? Was this American, British, or other?

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments I'm still looking, I think its British, but I could be wrong

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) If you bump this thread every month or two, you'll have a better chance of keeping your query fresh in our minds and getting your book ID'd.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Also, edit your header with descriptive information. You will get more clicks that way.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Lilo--you need to start your own thread for your book.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Elle, please start your own thread for this book so as not to confuse people.

message 11: by Lilo (new)

Lilo (liloh-p) Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Lilo--you need to start your own thread for your book."

Sorry! I didn't know. How do you start your own thread? I am a computer-dummy.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Nov 02, 2013 01:14AM) (new)

Lilo wrote: "Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Lilo--you need to start your own thread for your book."

Sorry! I didn't know. How do you start your own thread? I am a computer-dummy."

On the main page, find the heading UNSOLVED. Click on it. In tiny font, see "new topic" about in the middle of the page. Click on that. In the "topic" box type a description of the book you are trying to find. It's okay if the description is long - better than too short. For example your header could be "Thick paperback about microbiology by female microbiologist." Or even longer if you want. Leave "this topic is about" blank - that will be filled in with the book when your query is solved. Make sure the "folder" says UNSOLVED. Type your book description, as detailed as possible in the box.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Molly, are you still looking for this?

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments yes I am

message 15: by Karen (new)

Karen | 41 comments The only book I can think of is East Lynne

But it is the dying lady apologizing to her husband, and not so much the other way round.

message 16: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments I have read East Lynne, it is not that book. I think it is a book I have to write now!

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Male or female author?

message 18: by Molly (new)

Molly (mollysmiles) | 6 comments I believe it is female.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking, Molly?

message 20: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking, Molly?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

East Lynne (other topics)