Erudite Readers discussion

Divergent (Divergent, #1)
This topic is about Divergent
Debates > Divergent vs. Twilight: Who Will Win?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Alex | 125 comments Which is a better read: Divergent, by Veronica Roth or Twilight, written by Stephanie Meyer.

Ritu (ritu_r) divergent all the way though twilight holds a special place in my heart

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 373 comments I like Twilight but agree, no contest for me, I LOVE Divergent :)

message 4: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Divergent

Emma i like both of them, but i LOVE divergent soooo much!

Ophelia ॐ | 749 comments Divergent is so much better! Though, I will always love the story of Bella and Edward!

message 7: by Dina (last edited Jun 06, 2012 03:30PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Heikal (dhekal) | 442 comments these comments are making me want to read divergent. I like twilight but if divergent is better then WOW.

Alex | 125 comments In my opinion Divergent is the better read. It was an awesome book. DIVERGENT ALL THE WAY! (I'm not saying Twilight was terrible)

Ophelia ॐ | 749 comments Dinahekal wrote: "these comments are making me want to read divergent. I like twilight but if divergent is better then WOW."

Ohmygod you HAVE TO read Divergent!!!

message 10: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4897 comments Mod
Ophelia wrote: "Dinahekal wrote: "these comments are making me want to read divergent. I like twilight but if divergent is better then WOW."

Ohmygod you HAVE TO read Divergent!!!"

I second that! Go read Divergent now :) I think you will really enjoy it.

message 11: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
You must read Divergent!

Jenna | 9 comments I didn't read Insurgent yet but Divergent all the way. Twilight was good but only because I love the Cullen family. Divergent is amazing!!

message 13: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

My favorite Cullen is by far Alice!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Why compare Divergent to Twilight? :\
it should be Divergent and The Hunger Games.

message 15: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex | 125 comments Yes!

message 16: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Divergent vs. HG is such a hard decision!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Scott wrote: "Divergent vs. HG is such a hard decision!"

atleast they have the same genre. compare to Twilight. just saying :)

Alyssa Definitely Divergent. Twilight is not my type of book but Divergent was awesome. Haven't read Insurgent yet, but I want to!

Karina Beatrice wrote: "Scott wrote: "Divergent vs. HG is such a hard decision!"

atleast they have the same genre. compare to Twilight. just saying :)"

Thats why I can't pick. They are nothing alike

Karina Alyssa wrote: "Definitely Divergent. Twilight is not my type of book but Divergent was awesome. Haven't read Insurgent yet, but I want to!"

I think you're going to love Insurgent!

Jenna | 9 comments hunger games and divergent...hmm so hard! i guess when divergent trilogy is over then i can make a decision.

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) Against Twilight, I don't see how Divergent will win.
But against HG, hmmmm. So far, I definitely love Divergent more than HG but the last book might completely ruin the trilogy for me, like it was with Mockingjay. Hopefully not...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent will win. I feel it. XDD

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Divergent rules. Twilight sucks.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) Divergent. Twilight was a waste of my time to read.

Christina Never read Twilight, but I'm sure I'd go for Divergent all the way.

Mehwish naqvi (mehwishnaqvi) | 135 comments Definetly Divergent.

Alyssa Karina wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Definitely Divergent. Twilight is not my type of book but Divergent was awesome. Haven't read Insurgent yet, but I want to!"

I think you're going to love Insurgent!"

I just read it. And it was so awesome, but super annoying with the cliffhanger because now I want to read the third book even more than I wanted to read Insurgent! Grr lol xD

Karina I know!! I'm really impatient >.<

Madeleine | 1065 comments psht. Divergent. Easy.

message 31: by Briana (new) - added it

Briana | 61 comments Ahhhhh! Absolutely Divergent. I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Twilight I hated and it made me want to cry how awful it was.

message 32: by Jasmine (last edited Jul 16, 2012 09:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 1616 comments I say Divergent since I loved it! DIVERGENT FOR THE WIN! Plus I never really liked Twilight... Maybe in a couple years... Though probably not...

Allie (allie0192) Twilight is not even close to a good book compared to Divergent!!! I <3 DIVERGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tris is way better female character than Bella. No competition at all.

Ellie (ekappy) | 5 comments i LOVED both of them, but since the divergent series and movies aren't out yet and all the twilight stuff is, idk which will win in my mind.

message 35: by Mad (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mad Katniss | 10 comments Divergent of course! Honestly, there's no competition at all between these two. :)

message 36: by Briana (new) - added it

Briana | 61 comments Divergent, in my opinion, was even better than The
Hunger Games!!!! I loved it and it was so good. Eww, Twilight. Divergent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 19 comments Divgergent! I won't lie. I did like Twilight, but it doesn't compare.

kayla  (kaylacaylen) Divergent all the way!!!!!!

Yazid (Ciel) (plue) Divergent. It has much more things to offer compared to Twilight. And the relationship between Four and Tris is very unusual... for me.

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 108 comments Divergent. The romance in Divergent doesn't over-ride the plot. I never really liked romance (as the main plot device), so yyeah... Divergent for the win.

message 41: by Chante (new)

Chante DIVERGENT! Twilight was good and all, but it doesn't even come close to Divergent.

Karina Yazid wrote: "Divergent. It has much more things to offer compared to Twilight. And the relationship between Four and Tris is very unusual... for me."

Unusual in what way? If you don't mind explaining (:

Brynne Divergent all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jasmine (jazzyjams) | 1616 comments Considering I wanted to burn my copy of Twilight, I'm going with Divergent. Plus the faction system is cool! I would love to be in most of the factions (aside from Candor and Abnegation...)

Lucy Qhuay Divergent totally wins, be it versus Twilight or versus The Hunger Games.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) It should be Divergent vs. Hunger Games.

No contest for this.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Thomas wrote: "I never read divergent shall continue it from 2nd page? Is it any good?"

Divergent is good. I enjoyed the book.

message 48: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thomas wrote: "I never read divergent shall continue it from 2nd page? Is it any good?"
It's great!

Amber Divergent, I really liked it a lot and her sequel was just as good if not better while the only Twilight sequel I enjoyed was Breaking Dawn.

message 50: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

My favorite Twilight sequel was Eclipse!

« previous 1