The Haters Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I Hate The Computer Illiterate

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) I mean really- it's 2008! How did you go this long without learning that remotely connecting to a computer is not only possible but commonplace? Have you really never heard of a server before? Crap, even more simply: how did you not know that there's a difference between a Mac and a PC?

Ugh. I'm in the middle of quitting my job and trying to train the person who's replacing me. Why on earth the powers that be decided that it was a great idea to hire someone with zero knowledge of computers for a position that involves not only using computers but knowing them well enough to convince people to buy our software is completely beyond me.

It's as though they deliberately picked the worst person for the job merely to guarantee that I go out with a bang. As if they're not satisfied with the anal pillaging of my rectum for the past three years they need to get this last screw in while they still can.

Anyway, sorry for the deluge of bile. We now return you to your regularly scheduled hate.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Why'd they hire him/her? Isn't there a job shortage? They should have been able to find someone who was qualified.

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) You would really think so. It's just the latest in a long line of inept decisions that make me extremely pleased to be on my way out. It's like they see the right decision and then willfully choose the one most likely to bankrupt them.

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) They never do. I'm chronologically misplaced.

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie (AngelAnnie) Awesome -and I have noticed -companies love to hire people with degrees, yet no knowledge of what the hell they're doing - hence, the no computer knowledge. For one of my office jobs, as an office manager, there were interviewees, as in the best of the bunch, who didn't know what a computer mouse was!

message 6: by Donitello (new)

Donitello In the interest of a balanced debate, a quote from geek24.com:

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

I will say more at another time.

Servius  Heiner Interesting concept.

message 8: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) Best quote ever!

Servius  Heiner I see firearm accidents as population control. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Criminals shooting criminals, neglected children shoot some other kid. Probably would have ended up on welfare anyway. Meanwhile there is a little more room to walk around at the park, so you know, it's not all bad.

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia You guys know that firearms was the no.1 invention that pushed the psychology field forward? All those weird head injuries...

message 11: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Is that really true?

message 12: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Why would I post it otherwise? Uh?

message 13: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Um, to make a point figuratively? That's the first reason that comes to mind. Maybe there are others....

message 14: by Kasia (new)

Kasia well, no... I meant it literally. It's one of the few things I remember from Psych_101.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.