Fans of Angelfall discussion

The uncomfortable question

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière The question as been happily frolicking through my brains for a while and I finally assembled all of my possibly braveness in order to ask it:

When is Book 2 coming? Seriously, I've been waiting for AGES! And there's still no title, no cover, no release date and no synopsis even though it was supposed to come out in Summer 2012.

And all the news I get to feed my addiction are that of a re-release of the Angelfall paperback which is awesome of course because I prefer smaller paperbacks to big ones but still. And also the rerelease is coming in August which is pretty much next year to me and translates to my unhappy brain as: well, Angelfall 2 won't be out till after that, honey.

So will you please, PLEASE, tell us when the next volume is due to be out?

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) This is from Susan Ee's blog titled "The Background and Likely Future of Angelfall" posted May 11, 2012.

I will post an update to what's happening with Book 2 in the upcoming days/ weeks and let you know what's going on with that as well.

http://susanee.com/

Angelfall phenomenal success seems to have delayed the expected summer release fans were hoping for. Hopefully, we'll hear some good news soon. Btw, Susan Ee will be at a NY blogger's conference answering questions. Perhaps we'll get some answers then. :o)

Caro ♡ Hot Mess Sommelière I read that too. I was just asking for more specific information: whether it's coming out in Fall 2012 or even Winter.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (readermom4) | 2 comments She's pretty good about keeping updates, but given how intricately written this series is, I'm more than okay with letting her take the time she needs!! This was one of the most action-packed and original stories I've read in a long time, and I'm sure it is quite a process to get all of that honed in for one book! LOL Here's hoping it's not too far off! =)

Anna (Bobs Her Hair) Erin wrote: Here's hoping it's not too far off! =)

Let's all keep our fingers crossed! :o)

message 6: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) I'm with Erin. As much as I cannot wait to get my hands on book 2, waiting the time needed for a great story is much better than rushing a poor story.

Also, I cannot imagine the pressure one must feel writing a sequel to such a fan-favorite. That's why I'm the reader, not the writer. ;)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed, I much rather have a good story that Miss Ee put as much love and thought into and took her good time with than a rushed hodge podge due to publisher and fan demand. Unfortunately as lot of popular authors series suffer from this.

message 8: by Isidro (new)

Isidro Rivera (isriv) | 1 comments I agree with all. I would prefer a solid, well-written story. Ms. Ee should take her time, rather than rush to deliver a half-baked sequel. The first installment was so awesome; it really takes time to create. And I will wait.

message 9: by Sunnykimmy (last edited Jun 08, 2012 07:37PM) (new)

Sunnykimmy | 4 comments I agree with Erin. Seriously, if she manages to write another book as epic as Angelfall, which I fully expect, I really don't care about the rest. Yes, I'mm dying to read the 2nd book. But I'm sure I'll survive just so I can read it when it comes out :D.

Actually I'm doing it right now, since I'm anxiously and impatiently awaiting the release of Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent. Seriously, re-reading the previous book a few weeks before the next one comes out is pure torture on the mind.

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 11 comments I love, love, love this book. I have to admit, I'm getting so impatient. I've found several indi writers I love via my Kindle. Some of them write sequels 3-4 months apart. I love these people!! Please let Susan become one of these peeps who doesn't have to wait over a year to do sequels... I got the impression she is working with publishers now. I fear those big wigs make authors wait longer between sequels. The publishers drive me insane!
Just my little vent. Thanks for listening.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5 comments I agree with all of the agree-ers. Better to have a good book than to have a piece of junk that was rushed out. As long as we're not waiting years, of course. :)

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 11 comments Isidro wrote: "I agree with all. I would prefer a solid, well-written story. Ms. Ee should take her time, rather than rush to deliver a half-baked sequel. The first installment was so awesome; it really takes tim..."

I bet it's already written, maybe even others. I think she's just in a predicament that's holding up a release date. Whether it be with a printing co., etc.
Is there a theory thread re: the unresolved mysteries, plot development theories?

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula | 3 comments I have to agree with Isidro's theory...I think it's done and she's waiting to make the big announcement after something gets sorted out.

This book blew me away! I haven't been this moved by a book in a long, long time! I am DYING to read more!

message 14: by GiGi (new)

GiGi (gigi_monge) | 13 comments I've been dying to get my hands on the 2nd book! Didn't Susan Ee say it was supposed to be out in the summer? We're already in fall and stil lno new news about it, not even a title or blurb. A cover maybe. Does anyone have any ideas about what's the hold up?

message 15: by Eva Rose (new)

Eva Rose (flowerintheprecipice) | 3 comments GiGi wrote: "I've been dying to get my hands on the 2nd book! Didn't Susan Ee say it was supposed to be out in the summer? We're already in fall and stil lno new news about it, not even a title or blurb. A cove..."

Well the book now is slated for 2013 *cries* so yeah, I think we will be waiting for a while yet, she might be plotting out the entire series and editing but she doesn't talk much about how she is doing and methinks is because she is working at it still. There is no way that book 2 is finish or else we would know.

message 16: by GiGi (new)

GiGi (gigi_monge) | 13 comments *cries* *sniff* Really? I want it now! So unfair but if by waiting patiently means the book will turn out to be awesome in the end then I can wait.

message 17: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattatham) | 14 comments The release date must be soon surely? it's been like a year and a half since book 1 and from Susan's posts it almosts suggests she is close to finishing (the whole quote on her blog about book 2 news in upcoming weeks (although its been months :/ )
I imagine the news will come soon as its gained a lot of fans now that amazon have published and advertised it.....I keep hoping Susan will just go "surprise its out tomorrow!!" but until then we have to wait, book 1 was epic, the second is worth the wait :D

message 18: by Eva Rose (new)

Eva Rose (flowerintheprecipice) | 3 comments Actually, I wonder if the book has been stalled because Susan signed a deal with a publisher who recently relaunched the book on Amazon. Maybe they want to wait a bit more to promote the second one.

message 19: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattatham) | 14 comments hopefully with a publisher behind her, they might encourage her to have a deadline, but yes I agree they will wait a bit for book 1 to pick up more publicity,
but hopefully they can give us a title or something in an effort to keep us interested soon as I am sure lots of people are begging for news.

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula | 3 comments This book has to be my favorite that I've read this year, so to say I am disappointed about book #2's delay is an understatement! BUT...I am happy her book has become more popular and that a movie could be in the works soon. I think this book would make a FABULOUS movie!

Adrianna [SypherLily] (sypherlily) It would make a fabulous movie... if done right. It's so easy for movie producers to butcher a book's magic.

I understand that it would need to be different, but I'm always scared when books have movie adaptions.

This book has been sitting on my mind too much. I finally forget about waiting on the sequel, then somewhere on GR I see the cover and I freak out all over again. I need a cover, a title, an estimated release date--SOMETHING D:

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattatham) | 14 comments Adrianna wrote: "It would make a fabulous movie... if done right. It's so easy for movie producers to butcher a book's magic.

I understand that it would need to be different, but I'm always scared when books have ..."

I would be happy with even a rumour right now :( haha, oh the wait is too much it better be released early 2013 :(

Ninab (Honesty is the Best Policy) Susan's made an official announcement - Fall 2013!!!

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (kattatham) | 14 comments Omgomgomgomg wait WHAT??????????? I mean I'm excited so much but FALL?????? thats a year away!!!!!! I just can't survive but I suppose in he meantime cover/title/synopsis will keep my alive!!

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy (amybugg) | 2 comments Well we've not got too long to wait for book 2 now - and I cannot WAIT! I'm dying to know what's going to happen next! It was originally supposed to be written as a trilogy though (although now I've heard rumours that there will be additional books?) so we will all eagerly devour book 2 when it's launched, only to then have to wait again for at least one more book? But it looks like the movie deal is done and dusted - I just KNEW this book was ripe for a script, and said so in my original review of it - and I really do hope they can bring the post-apocolyptic world and fantastic characters to life. The only bit I didn't overly enjoy about Angelfall was the fate of Penryn's little sister - it is far too horrific for such a small, sweet, innocent child - and I do hope Susan Ee will find a way to rectify this in one of the future books. I can't wait to find out what book 2 holds in store for us! :)

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 100 comments Amy wrote: "Well we've not got too long to wait for book 2 now - and I cannot WAIT! I'm dying to know what's going to happen next! It was originally supposed to be written as a trilogy though (although now I'v..."

I must say I disagree about Paige, I think it is perfect to not have things wrap up in an HEA for her - it is a horrible world and things don't always end the way they want. I was upset, yes, but it fits with the overall theme of the story.

And I am TERRIFIED they will ruin the story with the movie. *crosses fingers*

And I LOVE your profile picture, can I steal it? :-)

message 27: by Mel (new)

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments Amy wrote: "Well we've not got too long to wait for book 2 now - and I cannot WAIT! I'm dying to know what's going to happen next! It was originally supposed to be written as a trilogy though (although now I'v..."

Hi Amy, I think we share the same group regarding your Avi! I have to say I loved all the horror in the book, it somehow made the post-apocalyptic world that Susan Ee wrote more realistic and as Laura said its good not to have HEA's - although I think this book needs to be redifined as New adult rather than YA, because the horror is so descriptively conveyed. I really hope they don't spoil the book when they turn it into the movie - I remember watching the Angels in Legion and just about falling off my chair with laughter. They looked so ridiculous!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (lauralittlereadridinghood) | 100 comments What is the latest on the movie - I haven't heard anything for a while.

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel (lemonie) | 75 comments Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* wrote: "What is the latest on the movie - I haven't heard anything for a while."

As far as I know it's got Sam Rami attached to produce, no word I think on any cast information or when it goes into production. Check out Susan's blog: 'Angelfall' author Susan Ee shares her hopes for the movie and shares an exclusive photo.
http://susanee.com