Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading June 4?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2090 comments Mod
I'm starting this week with Midnight Eyes by Sarah Brophy. I like the Hero and I really want to like the Heroine but she's starting to get on my nerves. I don't like that she's scared and meek one minute then flirty and adventurous the next. I don't know, maybe I'm being to picky..

message 2: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I finished three strong Superromances--Unraveling the Past by Beth Andrews, which sets up what promises to be a strong mystery thread; Bring Him Home by Karina Bliss, a friends-to-lovers story that is very loosely connected to What the Librarian Did; Unexpected Family by Molly O'Keefe with a cowboy hero who inherits the guardianship of his three young nephews and is forced to change nearly everything about his life. I enjoyed them all. If I can finish my research and writing goals, I'll start Elizabeth Hoyt's Thief of Shadows tomorrow.

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
I didn't realize Bring Him Home was connected to What the Librarian did, Janga. I'm all over that!

I finished Thief of Shadows over the weekend and it was lovely. Winter is my favorite Hoyt hero in a while. Now I'm reading a friend's MS.

message 4: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Just finished The Proposal by Mary Balogh. I wasn't ready to give up her voice so I pulled out A Promise of Spring, also by MB, and started that one as soon as I finished TP. Neither one have knocked my socks off but I love them just he same. MB is one of those authors that I can read any time any place and I am guaranteed a well written, thoughtful story with interesting characters. And I sooo love her voice that I find comfort in just reading a story she's written.

After I'm done with APOS, I have lots of options. I'm not sure which direction I'll head. I have the latest from JQ, Sherry Thomas, Carla Kelly and Nora Roberts, along with several highly recommended re-releases to consider.

message 5: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Manda,Bring Him Home is not a sequel. The connection is to WTLD is through Zander, and it's a loose one. I just loved WTLD so much that I was excited by any reference to that world. Bring Him Home is a great read on its own merits though.

Irish, The Promise of Spring is the only book in that series that I like. The Web books are among the very few Baloghs that I don't reread. I loved The Proposal. I'll definitely reread it.

message 6: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I am working on The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. I am only about 100 pages in, but it is a fun Teen novel so far. After that, I think I am going to sneak in JQ's A Night Like This.

message 7: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2090 comments Mod
Kasey, I LOVE Cinda Williams Chima's The Heir Chronicles! Happy Reading:D

I'm starting on INSURGENT by Veronica Roth.

message 8: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments I finished THIEF OF SHADOWS this afternoon. I think it's one of Hoyt's best stories. Really enjoyed this one.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Ooh, I loved WTLD also. I'll have to grab the new Bliss.

I've been reading Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal (The Duke's Daughters, #2) and Soulless this week, and I really like them both. Such distinct (and very different!) voices. Have any of you read the Parasol Protectorate books? Is each title a stand-alone?

message 10: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Okie,, I am really enjoying it so far. Don't know what took me so long to pick it up and start it.

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments While our house is being painted the color of a giant shrimp, I'm reading 2 free books I got for my Nook: Julie Ortolon's Almost Perfect and Rita Hayworth's Shoes. Fun things.

message 12: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2094 comments Mod
After reading Shannon Staceys new book, which I didn't like nearly as much as her kowalski series, I am now finishing up Nita Abrams series of napoleonic spies, which I do like and hope will come back in print. Does any one know if ahe has written anything else?

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2094 comments Mod
Parasol protectorate is basically a series all about the same couple. I recommend giving yourself time between the books--I read them one right after another and the snark got old....

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Dls, good to know. I really enjoyed the first PP novel. I'm planning to read JQ's book and some other historicals next, so I'll get some different voices in my head (er, so to speak).

message 15: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
Dls wrote: "I am now finishing up Nita Abrams series of napoleonic spies, which I do like and hope will come back in print. Does any one know if ahe has written anything else?"

Not that I know of, D. I really enjoyed those books too and would love to see her write something else.