Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) Dreamless discussion

the 3 rogues who would be the new hades, zeus, posideon?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iloveparanormals!! For everybody who read dreamless(and loved it) a little thing kept nagging me the whole way through. Remember when they were telling helen about three rogues who could be the new zeus hades and Poseidon if they fought them? And then they assumed orion could be the new hades? any thoughts who the other 2 could be? I was thinking maybe helen could be the new zeus. Now i know that sounds kinda far fetched but who times are changing and who says the new zeus had to be a man. Plus zeus is out to get her now and all the gods have her out on a hit list. And even Ares says she was the one to fear and that she doesnt even know the power she has. thoughts?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i think the new hades will be orion, zeus will be helen and poseidon will be hector

Iloveparanormals!! See I thought that too but Hector isnt a rogue

message 4: by Zarina (last edited Jun 10, 2012 04:37AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Zarina I think Lucas will be Poseidon, Helen will be Zeus and Orion will be Hades.

Liza I agree with you Zara. I see it working out that way too.

Faith Wouldn't Lucas be Hades with the whole darkness thing he has now? Or Helen because she can descend into the Underworld? Why did they say Orion would be Hades anyway?

Iloveparanormals!! ok this quote is why I think Orion might be Hades. " Worthy of what?" Helen whispered to Orion, but he shrugged distractedly, his attention caputred by the dark door that led into the palace. A cloaked figured appeared from behind the locke door at the top of the stairs. A;though he had been forbidden into entry into the palace Orion begin to climb the stairs as if he was drawn to the apparition. No, Orion! Helen scolded fearfully as she grabbed his arm and pulled him back. It's Hades. Don't go anywhere near him." She clung to Orion, certain that something terrible would happen if the man and the god came face to face."

Iloveparanormals!! and here is the last quote that makes me think hmmmmm its about the blood brother thing " "you can't make it happen or plan it. It's something that comes out of an extremem situation," Lucus said directly to Helen. " and if the two brothers live, sometimes they share a few of each other's scion powers." As yall remember lucus, orion, and helen are now all blood brothers.

Angela Iloveparanormals!! wrote: "and here is the last quote that makes me think hmmmmm its about the blood brother thing " "you can't make it happen or plan it. It's something that comes out of an extremem situation," Lucus said d..."

I wondered if that would also affect any of them romantically? If they ever gotit sorted out of course.

Iloveparanormals!! hmmmm! I never thought about that. I think I want Helen to end up with Orion now though lol

Angela Part of me wonders if Orion is really in the running at all ya know? Like Helen would always feel something stronger for Lucas and maybe just having a "fun time" w/ Orion, then her and Lucas wouldn't be considered married if they were together. (Maybe) But I hope who ever she's with is it, no going between boys.

Rest assured whomever I want to end up together almost never does so who knows maybe it will be Orion... But if there is a team, I'm TEAM LUCAS all the way!!

message 12: by Angela (last edited Jun 24, 2012 07:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela I was reading Dreamlessagain and when Helen goes back to the underworld by way of the land of dreams she tells Hades she will not take his wife and asks to enter the underworld. When she sees Hades she discribes: "the clinging shadows that chased around him were like large, grasping hands. Helen had seen this darkness before. It was the same malevolent pull created by Shadowmasters." (view spoiler)

Iloveparanormals!! hmmmm good point! but then I'm like the only person I know who has a strong swim background is hector. I wonder if she is going to do it like how the gods did where zeus hades and poseidon have to be men and it would mess up the whole order if helen became zeus because shes a girl. I really hope not because i seriously want helen to become zeus. I have this thing about books where I love for the female to be like rulers lol

Angela Iloveparanormals!! wrote: "hmmmm good point! but then I'm like the only person I know who has a strong swim background is hector. I wonder if she is going to do it like how the gods did where zeus hades and poseidon have to ..."

Did Orion mention he was also descendant from posiden? And while we're at it was it foretold that they all would overtake the gods or was Orion just worried about it.

Iloveparanormals!! ok here is what the text says (view spoiler)

Devora Angela wrote: "Part of me wonders if Orion is really in the running at all ya know? Like Helen would always feel something stronger for Lucas and maybe just having a "fun time" w/ Orion, then her and Lucas wouldn..."

Its all about Lucas!

message 17: by Angela (last edited Jul 12, 2012 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela Quote from Dreamless(so make sure you've read it before reading.)

Underwater, the big Scion was fast, the fastest Automendon had ever seen, and it was all he could do not to loose him...but underwater his scent washed away in an instant and he couldn't let Orion escape.

It funny because both Orion and Lucas can be in the running for both.

Iloveparanormals!! I know! that's what gets me too! because it could be anyone. And then there was another quote saying something like hades has to be able to tell if someone is lying or read a persons heart and that can be lucas or orion. because they both can do that

Mandi i think Helen= Hades, Lucas= Zeus and Orion= Poseidon
helen is gonna be hades in my opinion because she's able to control the Underworld.

Iloveparanormals!! really? But shes has lightening bolts and can fly also

Angela Well hopefully it will be a nice lovely ending w/ everyone happy. Helen and Lucas; Jason and Claire; Matt and Ariadne; & Kate and jerry. But really in what world is there always a happy ending.

Iloveparanormals!! Angela wrote: "Well hopefully it will be a nice lovely ending w/ everyone happy. Helen and Lucas; Jason and Claire; Matt and Ariadne; & Kate and jerry. But really in what world is there always a happy ending."

Correction.. Helen and Orion :)

Angela Iloveparanormals!! wrote: "Angela wrote: "Well hopefully it will be a nice lovely ending w/ everyone happy. Helen and Lucas; Jason and Claire; Matt and Ariadne; & Kate and jerry. But really in what world is there always a ha..."

Matter of opinion :)

Iloveparanormals!! ok so i'm rereading dreamless again and i finally saw what people were talking about how orion said he inherited ALL of poseidons talents.... hmm....

Iloveparanormals!! but you know.. the more i look i think helen could be hades. check this quote. "Is Hades a Falsefinder? Helen asked. Yes, in a way.He can see into people's hearts- a necessary talent for one who would rule the underworld. The one who would rule must be able to judge the souls of the dead and decide where the souls are to be sent. Morpheus's answer came with a quixotic little smile( I had to look up quixotic means extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable.
impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.) anyways back to the quote... "What? Helen asked, bemused by the quirky look on his face.But Morpheus would only shake his head and smile to himself in answer to her question."

message 26: by Georgia (last edited Jul 11, 2012 03:28AM) (new) - added it

Georgia Robson Wait are the three people Helen, Orion, lucas, jason or hector. I kinda know that they are helen and orion but i would of thought lucas not hector or jason.

message 27: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Since Lucas, Orion and Helen have a bond and all, I was thinking that Helen replaces Zeus because she has her power over lightning and she could fly (ability over the skies...hmm...remind you of anyone?). I think Orion replaces Poseidon since he was banished from his family for being an "earthshaker" or whatever you call it. And Lucas can disappear in the shadows and lend the light around him to make him invisible (kinda like Hades?). Yeah, so that's my guess...

message 28: by Clara (last edited Jul 12, 2012 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clara It's really difficult to say, as pretty much every thread before this one has a quote that contradicts the other. Helen is Hades, because as a Decender she can control the underworld. But the Prophesy states Orion is Hades as he is Heir to three Houses, he can read hearts and is compassionate and most importantly, he is an Earthshaker. However, Orion has inherited a lot of Poseidon's traits. Lucus, because he's become dark and twisty and has the shadowmaster power and he can tell when people are lying. They could all be Hades.
Persephone cryptically stated Helen could have a crown of her own... that in itself could mean quite a few different things.
a) she'll have a crown because she'll replace one of the Gods soon (still no hint as to which one, though I'm leaning towards Zeus, due to the Lightning, flight, her being stronger than any of the other Scions and being a decender, as it's a very rare and powerful gift).
b) it could be a crown like the one Persephone wears - yes, she's a Goddess in her own right, but when we meet her it's not as the Goddess of flowers, it's as Queen of the Underworld, Hades' wife. So... that could suggest Helen ends up with either Lucus or Orion and one of them ends up as Hades (she's not part of the three, just a Queen. Though the whole "Vessel Where Royal Scion Blood Has Mixed" meaning the blood bond makes this is unlikely). So most likely she is one of the three and like Persephone splits her time between hubby (?) and "work" (as Zeus?) She is after all a decender, she could make it a home from home, lol.
And lets not forget the fact that they are now Blood Brothers, and they now share their gifts (Orion as Hades and he borrows the shadowmaster gift?) and that might mean they could all be deemed as "Multiple Heir", which leaves guessing who will be which of the three Gods completely wide open. Which sucks because I really want to know - can't wait for the next book. I honestly don't know, it's all very vague at the moment, which is how Josie likes it. I'm just rambling, lol. I think Helen will be either Zeus or Hades, most likely the former. I think Orion will probably be Hades or Poseidon, more likely the former. I think Lucus will be ... damn, I just can't see him being Poseidon, more likely Hades. Maybe Orion as Hades is too obvious or Helen as Zeus is too obvious... crap.

Iloveparanormals!! Clara wrote: "It's really difficult to say, as pretty much every thread before this one has a quote that contradicts the other. Helen is Hades, because as a Decender she can control the underworld. But the Proph..."

LOL!!!! hahah I love you. You seem as just confused as the rest of us. lol I thought about the Helen being queen of the underworld part but I just can't imagine that's where Josie is going with this. I mean Helen is the strongest of all of them and all for what? just to be some house wife? But then again I don't know. I don't know if Josie is going to keep it traditional with the gods being men or what. I think the Blood brothers WILL have alot to do with it because now they share some of eachothers powers. I will say I will be surprised which powers they all get from eachother. The one who really confuses me is lucus because I have know idea where he fits in. Maybe he is just a lover and we havent been introduced to the other scion. because of lucus became poseidon or hades wouldnt it be kinda weird that he can fly?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Helen --> Zeus (because of her lightning)
Orion --> Poseidon (because he can walk across water)
Lucas --> Hades (because he's *spoiler* a shadowmaster)