This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate high cost of computer ink cartridges!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betty (last edited Jan 06, 2009 09:10AM) (new)

Betty (BettyDravis) I'm really a lover, not a hater, so it's usually inanimate things that tick me off ... and the big companies that make them!

I remember when I had my first printer. The printer cost more then, but the ink cartridges were reasonably priced. Now, they sell the printers cheap; in fact, the ink costs more than the printers ... and we are then stuck with buying THEIR brand. Grrrrrrrrrr ...

An exception and possible answer to my prayers might be the new Kodak package advertised on TV ... when I can afford to get a new printer.

Meanwhile, I'll keep paying their (Hewlett-Packard) prices and grumbling all the while I'm printing my manuscripts and family photos.

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Refill?

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You can't refill the latest HP cartridges. They have a chip embedded that, once the thing is emptied, will always tell the printer it's empty.

Office Depot sells cheaper cartridges under their own brand, though.

message 4: by Betty (new)

Betty (BettyDravis) This is for Tom! The only time I tried a refill, it was messy and leaked, but perhaps they make them better now?

Thanks! I may give it a try.

Betty

message 5: by Betty (last edited Jan 06, 2009 07:25PM) (new)

Betty (BettyDravis) This is for Larry. Oops, guess I can't give Tom's refill suggesion a try then, can I?

So HP is even trickier than I thought: embedded chip. Well, that's sneaky! But I'll check Office Depot. I never knew that, so thanks for the tip.

Betty

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie (angelannie) HP BASTARDS!

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Tracy at this point, it seems cheaper just to pay walgreens to develop photos rather than to print them. although copying all my googlemaps directions by hand does get rather tedious at times.

also, i would just like to add, hp printers are the suck. i had one my first year of college, but everything always printed out muddy and gross, and it seemed to eat every third sheet of paper, so i had to buy an epson instead (which is even more expensive to refill! not to mention the cost of decent paper!) bleh. i don't miss having to print stuff. not one little bit.

message 8: by Donitello (last edited Jan 12, 2009 05:14PM) (new)

Donitello You don't want to use Printpal?

http://printpal.com/

I pay $6.95 for a black cartridge.

(Didn't know you could refill cartridges, BTW. How do you do that?)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.