No Safety in Numbers (No Safety in Numbers, #1) No Safety in Numbers discussion

Teens AGAIN!!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sita (last edited Jul 03, 2012 11:06PM) (new) - added it

Sita Why are all the dystopian and post apocalyptic books coming out all TEEN based? It is so frustrating. What ever happened to adults reading about adults and adult topics!?

GRRRRRR

This looked so promising and then poof, there it was, TEENS! AGAIN!

message 2: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma It's what sells in YA. Everyone is looking for "The next Hunger Games". Go figure.

message 3: by Sita (new) - added it

Sita I know it is popular right now. It is just frustrating as a person who four years ago could get just about any post apocalyptic or dystopian book and know it will be for adults that now I have a hard time finding them. And teens can read books that are not about teens. I did.

Natalie This book is a young adult book so it makes sense that it's going to be about characters of that age.

message 5: by Sita (new) - added it

Sita Natalie wrote: "This book is a young adult book so it makes sense that it's going to be about characters of that age."

It is YA BECAUSE it is teens not the other way around.

Natalie Sita wrote: "Natalie wrote: "This book is a young adult book so it makes sense that it's going to be about characters of that age."

It is YA BECAUSE it is teens not the other way around."

Not necessarily. There are some adult books that feature teens. When an author writes a book, usually they have an audience in mind. If the author is writing to a young adult audience, they are usually going to make their characters teenagers to better connect with their readers.

message 7: by Sita (last edited Jun 26, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - added it

Sita Natalie wrote: "Not necessarily. There are some adult books that feature teens... "

I get what you are saying and I know that an author decides ahead what age they are writing for. My point was that they could have written the same book with adults in mind and with adult characters and topics but they didn't. Dystopian in and of itself is not by nature a YA genre. So saying that it "makes sense the characters are that age" wasn't inline with the topic.

My complaint isn't that the author wrote a YA book with teens. If they choose to write a YA book of course it will have teens! My complaint is that all the dang dystopian books coming out are YA.

And it is happening because adults nowadays are all obsessed with reading YA books. It is annoying because it is invading my favorite genre so I was venting.

Natalie Sita wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Not necessarily. There are some adult books that feature teens... "

I get what you are saying and I know that an author decides ahead what age they are writing for. My point was t..."

Oh, okay. I see where you're coming from.

Sydney It is a great book. I finished it in a night. I just couldn't stop. It was so good and I thought that the teens were great. I could relate to them very easily.

Cristah Cochran This wasn't really dystopian was it?

Tracey I wouldn't call the book dystopian. Post apocalyptic, maybe. Nothin' wrong with Young Adult books. I love 'em. Anyways, I loved the book. I thought it would end with the first one, though.

Emily it frustrated me that i read the whole book and then i found out it was part of a series 0_o

message 13: by Max (new) - rated it 2 stars

Max Emily wrote: "it frustrated me that i read the whole book and then i found out it was part of a series 0_o"
Me too! I was almost halfway through and not enjoying it that much. Then I flipped to the end to see how far I had left and I saw that note at the bottom of the last page and was like "Are you kidding me?!".

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Tracey wrote: "I wouldn't call the book dystopian. Post apocalyptic, maybe. Nothin' wrong with Young Adult books. I love 'em. Anyways, I loved the book. I thought it would end with the first one, though."

Not even post apocalypse. Disaster story would be more fitting I suppose.

Patricia Kaniasty Disaster is definately more fitting. Whatever you call it, it was awesome.

message 16: by Dr. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dr. Book the reason it about teens is because there are millions of adult dysopen but none abou teens. so now there going to make dysopians about TEENS.