*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Miscellaneous > Dead Tree Books or Reader/Kindle or both?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Hi how do you all prefer to read? I read any format and mix and match. Any strong feelings on the subject?

message 2: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 387 comments Mod
I plan to get a kindle so I have a more portable library but there's nothing like seeing paper books on a shelf...

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments I got a kindle last October and never looked back. I have thousands of books and so need the space. I love real books but needs must. Plus the kindle is grat for travel and is lighter than most books. I did have a Sony Reader but never took to it. kindles rock.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 54 comments I prefer real books. I can't stand the thought of "reading" on a computer or ereader.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 1 comments I have the Sony Reader and I love it! Won't go back to regular books now!

message 6: by Tamara (new)

Tamara I have a Kindle, but I still read some actual physical books.
I do really like reading on the Kindle, but unfortunately some of the books I want to read are really expensive, and in that case I would prefer to buy the paperback (we don't really get many hardbacks in Australia), and actually "see" what I have spent my money on.

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa Paper all the way! More screen time is the last thing I need.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (youratlass) | 62 comments Mod
I very much prefer reading on my nook. I still have a lot of my books and there is nothing better than a paperback for the beach but I read so much that I hate carrying a physical book because I almost always will finish it while on the bus/train, etc and then I have nothing to read whereas on my nook I can just move onto the next book.

message 9: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments @Lauren I agree. With a digital book you have access to more than one at a time. Plus tree books take up space I no longer have.

message 10: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) I'm a Kindle fan. Both my Kindle Fire and my Kindle 3/4G.

message 11: by Denise (last edited Jun 04, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

Denise Baer I'm a paper girl. I need, want, crave paperbacks. :D

message 12: by Alicia (last edited Jun 04, 2012 11:16PM) (new)

Alicia (soitgoes815) I swore off e-readers for years, but after moving several times while in college I decided to stop buying physical copies and go digital. I got a kindle, which I adore. Even though I'm not in school anymore I enjoy highlighting and taking notes on my reading. If I never lug another crate of books up a flight of stairs again it will be too soon.

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie  (gpangel) | 78 comments Kindle rocks! !!!

message 14: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) I thought I would always be a paperback person.....then I got a Kindle, I am in love!! don't leave home without it!

message 15: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) That is what I thought Amanda before I had one, I used to love going to the library and the books store just to smell the books and wonder who had borrowed them before me, but now I don't think I could live without my Kindle....sad but true :)

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (youratlass) | 62 comments Mod
Amanda wrote: "I'm a paperback girl. I don't think I could read my books on a device like a kindle or Ipad."

If you get a chance try out an e-reader. Barnes and Noble let me try one out in store (this was before they had the huge Nook section) and I was sold.

Part of the reason I love mine so much is that I will be living in Asia and I average between 4 and 7 books a week even while working full time. It is so nice that I can just fill up my nook and I can get classics for free (the formatting is terrible but I have learned to read around it).

message 17: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle I prefer paper but sometimes I will read the odd ebook on the computer.