-The number of hours of reading time
-The number of books finished and also which books were finished

Some optional stats to post:
-The number of pages read
-Your favorite reading position during the Read-A-Thon
-The hardest part about it
-The easiest part about it
-Strategy for staying awake

Plus anything else you feel like adding in.

message 2: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 158 comments The number of hours of reading time: 24hrs from friday evening to sunday afternoon.

The number of books finished and also which books were finished:
6 books finished
Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4) by Nicole Peeler Sparks (Anya Kalinczyk, #2) by Laura Bickle Bleeding Out (OSI, #5) by Jes Battis Bend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2) by Sierra Cartwright Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2) by Jenna Black Night Veil (Indigo Court, #2) by Yasmine Galenorn

number of pages: 2059
Your favorite reading position during the Read-A-Thon: On the couch

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Wow you got through a lot of great books! Congrats :)

message 4: by Elle (last edited Jun 18, 2012 10:21AM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Hey!

number of hours: about 12 all together. i had a *busy* weekend but i read a lot more than i normally would over a 24hr period.

days: i ended up spreading it out over two days!

books:

Recycling by Stephen Livingston Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops  by Jen Campbell The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

easiest part: being so desperate to finish the Percy Jackson series! I finished both in one evening/night!

random fact: I met Jen Campbell - the author of Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores- on Saturday and got her signature :D I went to a book talk and heard some of her upcoming poetry too. Very impressive.

message 5: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (last edited Jun 18, 2012 12:45PM) (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments CONGRATS Betelgeuze and Elle!!!

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Awesome job Elle! It's always great to have great books lined up as I think that makes it easier to sit and read for longer periods of time!

message 7: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4465 comments Hooray, Betelgeuze & Elle!!

More books off the to-be-read mountain. Yay!

message 8: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Thanks :D

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments Well, Sandra & I have wrapped up our 2012 RAT. We had a great time, as per us-u-al. :D We didn't read the same books this go 'round, but we did have fun sharing lines and scenes throughout our various reads.

2012 RAT Stats

➊ The number of hours of reading time = 24
(broken down over 3 days)

➋ The number of books finished and also which books were finished = 4.75
Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers Taming Her Wolf by Eve Langlais Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2) by Jennifer Estep

➌ The hardest part about it = ➀ working around university classes & schoolwork ➁ refreshing the thread over and over to catch Sandra's comments and then missing out on the fact GR had added another page, but left me behind

➍ The easiest best part about it = ➀ chattin' and gigglin' with my RAT buddy ➁ having an excuse to do nuthin' but read

➎ Strategy for staying awake = ➀ lots of soda ➁ a 2 hr break between AM and PM RAT sessions ➂ a good friend to laugh and chat with while reading

Looking forward to 2013's RAT! Thanks again for hosting us WYA gang!

message 10: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Woop! Brilliant Steph :D

message 11: by Steph (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 1573 comments :D Thanx!

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Dawn's 2012 RAT totals

# Hours 25 (over three days Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)

Books Completed

Justice (New Species, #4) by Laurann Dohner Tempting the Beast (Breeds #1) by Lora Leigh Wolfe's Hope (Breeds, #10) by Lora Leigh Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #11) by Lora Leigh A Sliver of Shadow (Abby Sinclair, #2) by Allison Pang The Deed (Deed, #1) by Lynsay Sands Prince of Wolves (Val Cache, #1) by Susan Krinard Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #12) by Lora Leigh Secrets To Seducing A Scot (Highland Knaves, #1) by Michelle Marcos

# of pages read 2599

The hardest part about it
I had guilty feelings for not working on my paper :-(

The easiest part about it
This time I really did not preselect any book I just read what was either on my bookshelf or currently on loan from the library. So it was awesome that I had a chance to read stuff I had already owned! Plus I did not get bored because if I started a book and was not in the mood I let it go.

Most of the books I read the go round were just ok but I have to say I thought The Deed was one of the funniest books I have read in a long time. I also really enjoyed Aiden's Charity which was rather unexpected because the one before it was just meh.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Nichole's RAT Stats.....

22 hours over three days 7/3, 7/4, 7/5

Listened to Audios for 6 1/2 hours, I finished Con & Conjure (Raine Benares #5) by Lisa Shearin and almost finished Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, # 1) by Julie James

and then I went on an author reading binge....
Eye of the Beholder by Dana Marie Bell Dare to Believe (Gray Court, #1) by Dana Marie Bell Very Much Alive (True Destiny, #1) by Dana Marie Bell Only In My Dreams (Halle Pumas, Book 5) by Dana Marie Bell Cat of a Different Color by Dana Marie Bell Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4) by Dana Marie Bell Sweet Dreams (Halle Pumas, #2) by Dana Marie Bell The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell
and read a new one by Marie Harte Tempting Traditions by Marie Harte

Total pages read 1036

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments Here are my totals.

I read 7/4, 7/5, and 7/6. Once thing that helped me read was it was about 800 degrees outside, so all I wanted to do anyway was sit in the air conditioning and read.

I finished the following books:
Darkness Becomes Her (Offspring, #6) by Jaime_Rush Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon All That Falls (Etherlin, #2) by Kimberly Frost Kissin' Tell (Rough Riders, #13) by Lorelei James Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift, #2) by Cynthia Garner

I had already started Shadow of Night (All Souls Trilogy, #2) by Deborah Harkness and finished it. I tried Keeping Secrets by Alyson Noel , but ended up dnf'ing it.

My total page count was 1936.

But I think the best thing was having an excuse to read non-stop and that I manged to get a great start to some of my July challenges with the books I read.

message 15: by Jess (last edited Jul 07, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I finished 7 books:
Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75) by Nalini Singh Dark Taste of Rapture (Alien Huntress, #6) by Gena Showalter Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Dying Wish (Sentinal Wars, #6) by Shannon K. Butcher The Husband Hunt (Madison Sisters, #3) by Lynsay Sands The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9) by Gena Showalter Chaos Burning (Bound by Magick, #2) by Lauren Dane

Total page count was: 2,761

Total time was: 15 hrs

Hardest part for me was finding the time to actually sit down and read (also hard was trying to avoid watching tennis while I was supposed to be reading lol)

Easiest part was when I got to a book I was really looking forward to (like Once Burned. Flew through that sucker!)

I didn't have to stay awake because I split it into 2 days. This was helpful in terms of finding the time to read but it ended up feeling like just another couple of days with reading time. Whereas the last few years when I did it in one day it really FELT like a RAT.

I might do another one later in August, I felt a little cheated this year!!! But still had a good time and plowed through a few books that have been sitting around.

message 16: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments R-A-T Stats:
Sept. 1
Hours: 9.5
Pages: 479

I read:
Eclipse(page 239-629) finished
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner finished

Sept. 3
Hours: 7
Pages: 360

I read:
Breaking Dawn(page 1-360)

Totals:
Hours: 16.5
Pages: 839
Books: 2.5

This year was different from last year in that I didn't really just set aside days. I just read while we were in the car. It seems like I do better in the car, maybe it's because the kids couldn't really interrupt anything in buckled into their seats. It wasn't the most comfortable way to read, but it was effective.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Considering you just read in the car, I think you did a great job!